Here is another recycled photo of rolled hay and farm machinery.
I realize that I spend a lot of time whining on here about a whole lot of nothing. So, tonight I thought I'd list things from a day that was pretty okay. It wasn't such a great day that I'll worry about a tornado hitting my house to make up for it, but it was good. Here is a list of it's goodness:
1. I spent about a half a day with Mr. Dateman and his roommates. He flipped me shit. I flipped him shit. He and his roommate flipped me shit. Me and his roommate flipped Mr Dateman shit. The shit got spread around...There was balance in the universe.
2. When I got to my car and was getting ready to drive away from Mr. Dateman's house, Coadster called me to see if I would take her and her sister to the mall to go school shopping. Sure, I had to be at the big scary maul, and it was packed because it was tax-free weekend, but we got some good deals and the girls thought I was the shit for buying them clothes.
3. At the mall, we also worked out a plan to get me my own room. You know, one of those places where you get to sleep in a bed and shut and lock your door and have privacy? One of those. They both agreed that they couldn't share a room because Coadster is totally Felix to Stinky's Oscar. Instead, Stinky said she'd happily sleep on the futon in the living room. Okay. Now all I have to do is look for a sale on a good bed. I want a queen and I want it to be comfy. After sleeping on a futon for the last four years, I deserve it, godammit.
4. After a late lunch and our mall journey, I dropped the girls off at their respective social functions. I stopped by my friend K.'s house to drop off some DVD's. I also checked out the garden and got even more tomatoes. I swear there are hundreds of them this year.
5. I went grocery shopping by myself, which is kind of nice. I ran into one of my co-workers and his significant other. When I asked him, if I would see him at work tomorrow, he said, "Yeah, I guess I can't get away with calling in sick now, since you saw me here." Maybe next Monday.
6. I waited until almost sunset to run today because it was so hot. Since most of the students are gone, I hardly saw anyone out and about. It was just me, the heat and humidity and the nostalgia in my head. At one point, I smelled laundry dryer sheets coming from a house and John Denver came on my phone Mp3 player at the same time. That combination took me right back to being a kid in the Summer and made me very, very happy.
7. I had turned the air conditioner on when I left to run, so when I got back my place seemed almost cold which was a perfect contrast to the swamp I left outside.
8. I called the court house and got their automated message. Not only do I not have jury duty tomorrow, I won't be called again for at least two years. Sweet. I won't have to deal with The Man after all...Except my boss at work, but I'm used to his shit.
9. Apparently, my favorite word for this blog post is "shit". So, I'll end this shit by hoping you all have to deal with as little shit as possible on Monday.