Thursday, July 19, 2007

You Just Might Pick Up My Magic Sticks

Stinky tried to dye her hair blonde today. Even though she's half me and I am one pasty, pale Irish girl, her other half is Mexican and the closest she could get is reddish brown. She said she's going to try to lighten it up one more time tomorrow. We'll see what happens.

This week I've become a bit of a jinx. Believe me, I would much rather be a minx. (I'd be having a hell of a lot more fun) Apparently, though, you don't get to choose your afflictions in this life, they choose you. You think I'm being dramatic don't you. In what way have I become such a bane, do you ask? Well, let me tell you.

I've been a scourge to all computers I've come into contact with this week. I already told you about the issues I had with my home computer on Monday. Yesterday, I got a virus on my computer at work. From what the IT guy who worked on it for the last two days said, it was a doozy. Our IT guy is a total saint, by the way, and he kept trying to reassure me that it wasn't the very worst virus he's come across in his career, but it definitely gave him a run for his money. I had to sit on a file cabinet for the first three hours at work today and talk about movies and television shows with him, until he finally killed it. Thank god IT guys are geeky, so we had plenty of things in common. Dude, we could have talked about Transformers and the Transformers movie for the three hours alone. He has all his Transformer toys from when he was a kid, just waiting for his son to get old enough to play with them.

I've also been a bit of a weather jinx this week. On both Monday and Wednesday night, I went over to Mr. Dateman's house with nasty storms riding my ass there and back. Luckily, Mr. Dateman likes storms, so I was the only one breathing into a bag both nights. I didn't have to feel quite so guilty.

So, what do you think? Is this some kind of residual Friday the Thirteenth hex, or was I cursed as a baby to start wreaking havoc in my forty-second year? If I'm going to be this way for a while, I'd like to know so I could try to harness these powers to work for me instead of against me.

9 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
It's rained here all week. The thunder and lightening is threatening to shut me down as I type. I haven't felt like writng anything all week.
You turned forty-two and this week end we celebrate 40 years married.
And so it goes....the ebb and flow of life. ;-)
Next cycle is bound to be better for you, or the one after that.
rel

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

we will get out the voodoo dolls and do something to the computer so it nevers does that again... We have had some whacked weather here too.. I think the worst is over.. It's cooler this morning and the flowers in my garden are no longer dying...

Margaret said...

you know, being able to bring rains and storms could be interpretted as godlike power

booda baby said...

That is so cool to be in charge of viruses AND storms!!

Anonymous said...

priestess of all fevers and plagues....or in your case viruses and storms....

It happens, no big deal. Sometimes things all happen at once. I would not worry if I were you.

Brando said...

Booda is right, you're like an X-Men character.

laura b. said...

I like the positive spin your commentors have brought to the table. The power! The power!!!!

Anonymous said...

Haha Irish/Mexican…made me think of riverdance in sombrero’s

Poptart said...

ARE YOU THE ONE WHO BROKE MY LAPTOP?!?! I knew it. It happened over the weekend.

And the worst part about it is that I lost every single picture I have ever taken digitally AND every last itunes song I have bought or otherwise ripped or burned.

EVERYTHING. I am trying not to be depressed. And actually, reading your blog always helps with that. And I LOVE stinky's hair!!