Today was my first full day sans girls. I thought I'd write a list of what my life was like without them. I figured it would help you all to feel better about your own lives in comparison.
1. Woke-up after hitting the snooze about 100 times and with only a few moments to put on clothes and rush out the door.
2. Heard a strange buzzing sound while I was getting ready for work and wondered if I hadn't accidentally let a large mosquito in my house the night before.
3. Sat at work all day multi-tasking by inputting info into my computer, eating Chex mix, reading blogs, checking Myspace, trying to figure out why I had another migraine and then realizing it was probably a result of my screwed up sleep schedule the last few days.
4. Walked home in all the heat and humidity and managed to make a neat little sweat patch where my tank top met my stomach. Pretty.
5. Tidied up a few things at home and heard the buzzing sound again. Wondered if it was the noise an air conditioner made right before it blew-up.
6. Quickly decided to drive to my friend K.'s house and check out the garden where I'd be safe.
7. Helped K. tie up our out of control tomato plants and then stood around watching her weed things, while I bitched about how hot I was. The humidity fucked up my hair so badly, that braids became my only practical hair choice.
8. Went into K.'s house and shared a fizzy-ginger-tea-soda like beverage and talked about boys. (I know, again with the multi-tasking)
9. Went to Mr Datetman's house and messed around with Google Earth Maps. We checked out our current abodes as well as the places where we used to live. We also took little virtual trips to other cities. Who says I can't afford a vacation this Summer?
10. I went home and got ready for bed. I heard the buzzing again and realized it was Stinky's cell phone in her bedroom set to vibrate. I wondered how long it would take for the battery to die.