Monday, July 02, 2007

Oh, Uh-Oh Make it Magnificent ,Tonight

Sorry about last night's post. It was the migraine talking. I wasn't expecting it and stupidly let my meds run out except for half a pill. It helped me through the evening, but by the time I went to sleep, it came back in all it's hellish fury. I kept waking up because of the headache and I had this weird pain-high. It's hard to describe if you've never had it, but it gave me really vivid dreams and made me even more internal than I normally am.

Today I ordered my meds during lunch and took them as soon as I could leave work and drive to the pharmacy at the North Dodge Hy-Vee. I'm not sure if it was from lack of sleep or the residual migraine damage or the meds or a combination of all three, but I still felt super high tonight. I went to Mr. Dateman's and we watched part of a documentary called, Trinity and Beyond: The Atomic Bomb Movie in high def. All the footage of bombs blowing-up was kind of horrifyingly beautiful in my altered state. Then when I was driving home, I turned the corner and the moon was coming up all blood red and looked almost exactly like this:

Except it wasn't completely full. (I didn't have a camera on me, so I had to steal this photo off of the inter webs) It startled me because it looked so much like the images in the movie. I was tempted to call Mr. Dateman and tell him to look out his window, but it was late and he had to get up early and I figured he'd probably appreciate it more if I didn't wake him up and he could just view it on my blog later on at his leisure .

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

freaky moon. we live in such a strange world ~ both the moon and the bombs. i had a migraine last night, too. it lead to pain, of course, and strange dreams. i am going back to bed now that the pain is gone, and i hope the dreams are boring.

Anonymous said...

glad your migraine was kicked. They suck.

The moon has been a strange one this month. I guess because it's full so near to the solstice it's low in the sky. So it seems huge! anyway I missed it last night. No excuse really since I sure was up late enough.

Hope today rocks.

Tara said...

I'm sorry I missed the moon looking like that! Beautiful. Sometimes it startles me when it's a normal color and all full.

I don't think I've ever had a pain-high. I'd rather have a natural high or a wine high. I'm sure you'd prefer that too.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

We've seen the moon like that oo and I'm surprised we didn't notice it .. I hope it comes back tonight and I can take some shots of it..

Migraines are not fun.. I use to get them and now I get the type that hurt when it's really humid out.. I have to say "Please cut out my eyes"...

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and TAG! (don't worry, it's fun and easy.)

egan said...

I think I see ET and the little boy in this photo if I look close enough. Did I just date myself?

David in DC said...

egan: it's illegal in at least 7 states to date yourself. :)

rel said...

Churlita,
I don't know, I think that's a moon worth being woken up for!
Maybe I'll take some of those MG meds just so i can have some good dreams.
Egan: I thought it was a little girl?
It's ok to date yourself in NY.
rel

Anonymous said...

I need to see that movie, I have heard of it.

I almost took a picture of the big moon the other night, but I got lazy and started staring at TV.

AlienCG said...

I put the documentary in my Netflix queue.

I love seeing the full or near-full moon low in the horizon. Unfortunately, it doesn't turn out looking the same in pictures.

laura b. said...

I am a very moony person and admire it in all its shapes and sizes. Your view of it sounds excellent.
Because I am not familiar with it, I almost want to experience that pain high...but not quite.

Churlita said...

Dana,

I hope your dreams were boring too.

Not,

I would have missed it if I hadn't been driving home.

Tara,

Yeah. I'd settle for a different high any day.

Babybull,

I hope you get some great shots.

Egan,

Elliott! There. Now I dated myself too. Now we can both violate state laws.

David,

Ha ha. Which states?

Rel,

Yeah, It was pretty cool.

Evil-E,

It's hard to decide between TV or the moon. TV is so much easier.

ALienCG,

You're right. I can never capture the moon on film the way it looks in the sky.

LB,

Experience the full moon, but not the pain high. It's not worth it.