Thursday, May 20, 2010

I Did My Best, It Wasn't Much

Here is my salvia plant.

Oh, kids. This has been one insanely busy week. I feel like I could sleep the entire weekend. Of course, I won't. I get off work at noon again tomorrow. I've been so spoiled with that, and I do really appreciate it. This week there's no way around it. I have to finish my cupboards. When E. was here last weekend, he pointed out that my brother bought me the wrong kind of sander. I still haven't taken it out of the box, so I'm going to Lowe's tomorrow to see if they'll let me exchange it for an orbital sander. I doubt I have the receipt anymore, but it's worth a shot, right?

There's a 50% chance of rain tomorrow. So, we'll see if I get a run in or not. The rest of the weekend is supposed to be really warm. As you all know, I love hot weather. I usually get all crazy and full of energy. I hope I get as much done as I need to, since I only have a week until Coadster's grad party. Eek!

Tomorrow night I'd like to stay home and just relax. I hope that works out for me. Stinky babysits for my friend Heidi's friend and on Saturday, Coadster will babysit for my friend Heidi herself and Stinky will have a friend spend the night.

There are rumors that Erik will be in town to visit. I haven't seen him since last November, so if It works out, it will be nice to catch up. If not, I have enough to keep me busy throughout the weekend and then some.

So, how about you all? Will you be energized by the heat or reconnecting with old friends?

9 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
It's forcast to rain all weekend in our neck of the woods....hope they're mistaken!
You've reminded me: We bought a 1000+ yr. old hose, or so it seemed, and I remodeled most of it my self. I'm a plodder and along with work responsibilities and kid's activities, it makes for slow if steady progress. Just a few months prior to my daughters graduation she said, when asked what she'd like for a grad gift; "could you hire someone to finish the back room!" I did. :)rel

rel said...

house!!

Pamela said...

Lowe's will indeed take it back. Good luck withthe cabinets!!!

AlienCG said...

I am going to a reunion picnic on Sunday to meet up with my old grade school classmates. Hopefully it will be nice and warm.

Tara said...

Grocery shopping and McDonald's tonight, then the weekend is open. I might go to Borders for a spell, too.

I have a bad habit of not keeping my receipts. I have such high hopes that everything will work or fit.

SkylersDad said...

It is graduation season and we have 3 parties to go to this weekend. That kind of sucks the available time away.

Ananda girl said...

I intend to be a spoiled lazy blob.
My energy level is flat lined right now. I wish I had yours!

Johnny Rojo said...

Work, work, work for me.

When my landlord/neighbor renovated the place, they tried using those tankless water heaters, which were a complete disaster-- they never worked right. After something like three months, they finally took them back to Lowe's and after some arguing, Lowe's issued them store credit. If they were able to do that, you should have no problem exchanging a product that's still in the box.

You probably paid with a credit or debit card, right? You have that record of the transaction.

laura b. said...

Your friends are so lucky to have access to your babysitting daughters :-)
This is my last weekend with DR for awhile, so we're making the most of it.