Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Trail of Ruby Red and Diamond White Hits Her Like a Sunrise

Here is a pic of the girls when they were younger hanging out by the fire escape at Pagliais Pizza.

Well, Coadster had her first free day after high school. She spent it registering to vote and getting a consult from my friend Kris for her first tattoo. Yup, it sounds like typical 18 year old behavior to me.

Sooooo, this is THE weekend. It's a long one, thank god and I plan on packing it full of crap. Tomorrow I get off at noon again. I'll run and take all my recycling in and start cleaning the hell out of my house.

Saturday will be more cleaning and shopping and finishing most of the things up, before we go to the actual graduation at 6.

Sunday I'm sure will find me breathing into a bag until the party starts at 3. I have no idea what to expect. I know a ton of my exe's family is planning on coming. Of course, my ex isn't helping in any way, shape or form, but he's always good about showing up, eating and ACTING like he did the whole thing. I suppose it's his last stand, so I just have to suck it up and deal with it. The girls and I were just talking about the food and how much we should get. Coadster seems to think that not many people will eat, and no matter what we get, we'll have a lot of leftovers. We also all agreed that we weren't letting people linger after 5. We all have things to do afterward, and so I might think about getting a cattle prod, just in case. My, but we're a hospitable lot, aren't we?

On Monday, I'll FINALLY be able to relax. I figure I'll run, and then some friends of mine and I are tentatively planning a longer bike ride to some small town and back.

Now it's your turn, how will you spend your long weekend? Will you be getting ready for a big shin dig, or scheming as to how you can get rid of your guests in a timely fashion?

12 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
We'll be moving to the cottage on the river.
I know you and your girls will have a great time tis weekend; it's so exciting.
Congats to the coadster!
rel

Tara said...

Yup, get a cattle prod - one for each of you so that you can all get those people out quickly.

Thank goodness for leftovers!

This weekend I think I'll finally get to see "Ironman 2". I hope it's as good as everyone says it is!

AlienCG said...

Sounds like a weekend full of emotion for you. For me, I'll spend most of it with AlienGF and see what kind of trouble we can get into. Have a good weekend and congrats to the kid.

NoRegrets said...

Have a GREAT time.
I don't even want to think about my weekend. sigh.

Mnmom said...

I miss Pagliai's. Are you getting grad party food from Dirty John's? They are my favorite deli. Congratulations all around!

booda baby said...

This is the weird thing, reading this post on the actual graduation day. I'm kind of surprised how nervousy-ish I am - that's the vicarious downside, isn't it?

I'd enlist one friend to help keep things moving. Either that, or I wouldn't worry one bit about just piping up when the time's right and saying: Go away. Shoo.

I expect we'll be recovering from a party LAST night. Oh and we're sitting down for blue ray watching and champagne drinking tonight, so when that's over, the recovery will just need a few minutes longer.

Brando said...

Don't spend extra for a cattle prod: a standard garden hose should provoke the same response.

Happy Graduation to Coadster! Also, with the money you save by not buying a cattle prod, why not get a label gun and put "Prepared by Churlita" on all the food trays, so you get proper credit?

SkylersDad said...

Two different grad parties for friends this weekend, and I hope to cross off a few projects from my list.

Anonymous said...

Oh, big congratulations to Coadster (and you!) on graduation. That's terrific. I know you are so proud.

laura b. said...

So much excitement! Sounds like a fun, busy weekend. I love that you are all in agreement about ending the party and sending off the stragglers. Very smart. I will look forward to hearing all about it.

j-dub said...

hope you enjoyed your day of relaxation! it was all kinds of thunderstorm watching here. A perfect excuse to do not-all-that-much.

Poptart said...

I am catching up - what tattoo is she getting? Oh my.