Monday, May 03, 2010

I Think About the Implications of Diving in Too Deep

This isn't the most flattering pic of Coadster, but I love her t-shirt. Also, the USB port is working, but it seems to be making all my pics kind of short and squat for some reason.

Kid's, I'm just exhausted. I got off work, gave plasma, ran some errands, made dinner and it was suddenly 10 o'clock. I'm still not quite sure how that happens. The good thing is that starting this week, I won't be working a full 40 hour work week until some time in August. I only work half days the next three Fridays in a row. I know it's only 4 extra hours, but you'd be amazed what you can do with four hours. It will be so nice for it to be 4:30, when I normally get off work, and I'll have already run my 6 mile route and hopefully have some yard work or kitchen work done.

Right now, though? Right now, I'm going to take my leave and try to rest up. It always seems like that the first time I give plasma during the week, drains (get it?) me the most. Night, night.

9 comments:

SkylersDad said...

Take some time just for yourself, OK?

rel said...

Churlita,
It's nice when you know in advance that you'll be done early. Then you can make some plans. It's nice to get out early impromptu, but I have a tendency to waste time those days.
Hope your sink is filled today.
rel

Tara said...

I love being able to leave early on a Friday. It makes such a difference!

NoRegrets said...

Imagine that. Giving plasma makes you tired. Huh.

(sorry for the dripping sarcasm!)

j-dub said...

mmm....half days in summer sound brilliant.

laura b. said...

I love getting off even a little early. It is such a nice break in the routine.

I really like that shirt too!!!

booda baby said...

I hope you had a rested day after getting all pooped out. I think that's a first 'pooped out' and having written it, the last.

Ananda girl said...

No wonder you're exhausted. You wear me out reading about it. Good for you for taking some time.

I love half days. They almost feel as good as days off, but not quite.

Churlita said...

Skyler's, I will as soon as this month is over. I think my girls and I are planning on canoeing one day at the beginning of June and possibly fishing.

Rel, Exactly. An impromptu early out and can make me lethargic for some reason.

Tara, Especially on really nice warm days, Friday afternoons off feel so delicious.

Nor, I know. I'm not surprised that I'm tired, I'm just annoyed because I have so much I have to get done in the next couple of weeks. You know?

JWilliam, I wish I could take half days every day in the Summer, but I'll settle for the next couple of Fridays.

LauraB., Me too. It's nice to be off when the banks and stuff are still open.

Booda Baby, It's funny to see you write Pooped out. Come on, do it again...

Ananda, yeah. you don't get to sleep in, but sometimes you get more done.