Thursday, May 13, 2010

Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon

Coadster in a pink tu-tu when she was three'ish.

Oh, man. This week was so much better than last week. I tried to calm everything down and was successful for the most part. I'm going into the weekend with the house fairly clean and I only work a half day tomorrow. The weather is finally supposed to be beautiful too.

Tomorrow, I'll run as soon as I get off work and try to do a few errands. I'll either do yard work or kitchen work and then I'll take the girls out to celebrate Coadster's 18th birthday. Holy shit! 18! My baby girl is all growed-up. I'm saving my sappy mom post for Sunday night. Coadster loves shrimp, so she wants to go for an early dinner at Red Lobster, then I'm sure she'll want to go out with some friends and get a jump-start on celebrating her birthday.

Saturday will be another day of getting crap done. I was supposed to do the duathlon this weekend, but had to bow out due to many constraints. Then some other guys I know are going on a long bike ride/beer drinking extravaganza that I was invited to, but I can't do that either on account of all the shit I have to get done before Coadster's grad party. It's okay. I keep thinking as soon as this month is over, I'll be able to do more fun stuff that comes up.

Since Coadster's actual birthday is Saturday, I'm assuming I won't see her much this weekend. Stinky has to work both days, so I should actually have some time to myself during the days, anyway.

So, what are your plans for the weekend? Will you be bowing out of activities in order to get some work done, or will you be celebrating all weekend long?

6 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
WOW!! Yeah Coadster. I only remember 2 b'days: 18 & 21!
There's always work to get done, and I gave up all-wknd celebrating 20 years ago. ;)
If the weather is nice I'll be in the garden.
rel

Pamela said...

OFF to SF!
Happy birthday to her!

Tara said...

I hope Coadster has an extremely happy, 18th birthday!

Tonight my mom and I are going to do a bit of shopping and then tomorrow I have my choir concert. Sunday will probably be just hanging around playing on my Wii.

laura b. said...

18 is a big one :-) Happy Birthday to Coadster!

My weekend is supposed to be calm and sunny with a chance of light spazz attacks this evening.

Ananda girl said...

Happy birthday to Coadster! And good job mom!

I'll be heading to sanctuary... again. What am I going to say when I'm there for good?

Enjoy your quiet time and your friend time. I hope the sun shines like crazy for you.

SkylersDad said...

Happy Birthday Coadster, and that picture could not possibly be any cuter!