Sunday, May 09, 2010

It's the Words That We Don't Say That Scare Me So

Our friend showing us his best side....

This weekend, this weekend...This weekend was a blur. I had my half day on Friday and I was super exhausted from the week and when I got home it was rainy and cold and I didn't do very much, but I didn't beat myself up about it, because it had been a frantic week and I needed a break. At night, both the girls were off doing their own things, and I hung out at home and watched Sherlock Holmes while the winds raged all around outside. It was really nice, the movie was okay. I've never read Sherlock Holmes, so I don't know how well it translated, but Robert Downey Jr. is always pretty great, and it was dark and moody enough for me.

...And his sister showing us hers.

Coadster and I went to Project Green on Saturday morning. I finally found some Black-Eyed Susans or African Daisies or whatever you want to call them. I got a couple of them and fully expect them to take over my garden by next year. The rest of Saturday was cold and blustery and I got some cleaning done and made a friend of mine a SUPER cheesy dance mix CD and then got ready for D.'s Birthday party.

The party was a lot of fun. Most of my favorite Dubliners were there. I ate, I danced around and annoyed people, I drank my 2 beers, I sat around by the fire, I found some teal colored duct tape and got as much use out of messing with that as possible, and then went home at around 11. It was kind of a perfect night.

Today was finally a great, sunny Spring day. I got a lot more planted. I still have more to go, but I then I did buy a ton of bulbs and seeds, so it could take a while to plant them all. I had an amazing run today. It made me want to get back into the kind of shape I was in last Fall when I was training for a triathlon. So, I might start training for one again, even though I don't have one I can do in the foreseeable future. In other words, I had a great Mother's Day and I hope all you other muthas did too.

9 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
The weather here and in Niagra Falls was winter like but time spent with our 6 month old grand daughter was very rewarding..
rel

Pamela said...

Oops, forgot - happy mother's day, a day late!

Tara said...

I still haven't seen "Sherlock Holmes" - what did you think of it?

Saturday was cold and windy for us - I wore a raincoat, and it was much too light. I actually saw flakes of wet snow, too.

Johnny Rojo said...

Yeah, we're still waiting for Spring here in Chicago too.

Good for the fun times and the run! And a belated Happy Mother's Day!

booda baby said...

Hippety hoppety happy mother's day and all that. It's such loveliness, reading about your home growing into a place of beauty.

Mnmom said...

I watched Sherlock Holmes on Saturday.

Remember with perennials: the first year they sleep, the second year they creep, and the THIRD year they leap!

laura b. said...

Who says you can't have it all? I think you do a fine job of having all the best stuff going on in your life! Belated Happy Mother's Day :-)

MrManuel said...

Teal colored duct tape?!? Score! What were you doing with it?

I just got Sherlock Holmes in the mail. Can't wait to see it.

Churlita said...

Rel, Aw. I bet you didn't even notice the weather with that sweet little baby around to play with.

Pamela, Thanks. I'll take it whenever I can get it.

Tara, I liked it. I don't know if it was true to the books, but I thought it was entertaining and Robert Downey Jr was really good.

Johnny, Thanks. Now, we're getting too much rain on top of the cool temps. Why do we live in the Midwest again?

Booda Baby, It might be a while before we get to a place of beauty, but at least it's a place of "not as bad as it was">

MnMom. Exactly. Luckily there were some already planted, so my garden isn't quite as sparse as it could be right now.

LauraB., It's true. Except for money and a man, I have everything else.

Mr MAnuel, I posted pics in the next post of what I did with the duct tape.