Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Do My Dreaming and My Scheming

I seem to be going out a lot these last couple of weeks. I think it's probably part of those stages of loss or grief or whatever they're called. You know, it's anger, denial, punk rock reunion shows, dance parties and flirty texting. Isn't that how it goes? Eh, something like that.

Anyway, I've been going out a lot and not spending much time alone. So, yesterday I decided to take a night for me, myself and I. It was really warm on Monday, so I ran and got all high and it was wonderful and then I came home and planned to do all my geek girl activities after the girls went to their dad's house. I thought I might make some food, and mess around on the computer, and play some video games and read my book (I've started reading The Book Thief) and maybe watch a movie. Which would have been great, had there been 107 hours in the day instead of 24. What actually happened, was that I turned an embarrassingly stupid movie on while I was eating dinner and got sucked in and didn't get a whole hell of a lot else done. Um, duh. It was still nice hanging out by myself and living in my own little world.

Tomorrow I'll actually be venturing out. Sadly, I'll miss supper club, but it's for a good cause. I'm finally going to meet my friend J. at the Java House. Even though we live in the same town, I haven't seen him in over a year. I can't wait to catch up on all his business. I want to to try make an early night of it, so I can spend another hour or two of alone time too. This time, I promise to swear off the cheesy, mindless movies.

10 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
I avoid going near our tv for those very reasons; I too get sucked in and the next thing you know it's time for bed.
rel

Mr Atrocity said...

I had grand plans for personal achievement last night but ended up watching football (soccer) on the TV instead. Made me happy so I shan't complain.

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with enjoying yourself no matter what you are calling it.

Enjoy the alone time, the going out time, all the time.

NoRegrets said...

Cheesy mindless movies are made for times like those.

Tara said...

Stupid movies can soothe the effects of a bad day. I have a large collection of stupid movies. What did you watch while eating?

Churlita said...

Rel,

I know. It's a horrible time suck.

Mr Atrocity,

I know I can't complain. Sometimes I need mindless entertainment. It's good escapism.

Evil-E,

I do love my time all the time. It's a good way to be.

Nor,

Exactly. I did get to read some last night, so it was okay in the end.

Tara,

It was so embarrassing, I'm not even going to admit to it.

-RM said...

Lifetime will do that! Spending time solo is awesome, and so needed from time to time.

booda baby said...

I figure they invented mindless, cheesy movies for a reason. Of course, I'm also a big fan of 'when you need an excuse, any one will do' - so maybe they're NOT a good thing. I just borrowed Jane Eyre yesterday and - BIG SURPRISE - I'm loving it. It's really a big cheesy movie wearing period piece costumes.

laura b. said...

I believe in the power of the cheesy time sucking movie. But I guess catching up with friends is kind of okay too ;-)

Churlita said...

RM,

For sure. And I'm a girl who needs her alone time.

Booda Baby,

I agree. I let myself veg out when I need it and I obviously needed it on Monday night.

LauraB.,

People need both. It's a balance, I think.