Thursday, April 10, 2008

Always Searching for Paradise

This is a picture of the last time Mother Nature unleashed her wrath on me. Damn, but she has a horrible temper.

So, we're getting mighty close to the second anniversary of the tornado. In fact, it happened on April 13th, which will be a Sunday but it was a Thursday night two years ago. Just in case we forgot that stress, Mother Nature decided to remind us again tonight by creating all kinds of scary severe weather and flooding.

I almost had one of those Weather Channel experiences where I was driving one of Stinky's friends home and hit this lake in the middle of the road. I know they always tell you to "turn around and don't drown", but when it's dark outside, you don't even know you've hit it until your car is practically floating. I think it's time to have another little talk with Mother Nature and remind her that I don't litter, I reduce, reuse AND recycle, so maybe she could cut me some slack and get off my ass for fuck's sake.

I'm still working on plans for our big trip to California this Summer. My friend G. told me that AAA had something on their website where you could plug in nine different destinations and it would map out your trip for you, but I can't seem to find it. If any of you have used that particular feature and know how I can access it, let me know.

Since, I'm starting to get a little random here, I'll just tell you about my XBox live thingy. I talked to FMDM tonight and it sounds like he knows how to fix my issues (just about the XBox, I'm sure my other issues just scare the hell out of him). Of course, he was in the middle of his own shit storm on top of the real storm going on, so we'll just wait for a better time to get it working.

Okay, tomorrow night I hope to have a nice relaxing evening after getting the girls where they need to go. My favorite bartender is working, so I warned him that I may have to go down and have a beer and flip him as much shit as humanly possible for a bit tomorrow night and my friend K. might meet me down there too.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate shit storms...messy, real messy.

I have seen some of the reports from the middle of the country. Hopefully nothing bad happens there and the weather passes without much incident. We would not want anything to happen to you.

AlienCG said...

If Anderson Cooper shows up, I'm rooting for the storm. I do hope the weather, the trip, the XBox and tomorrow evening all work out perfectly well. I'll look around for the AAA thing.

Nate said...

Hey, I still have time free this evening to fix Xbox issues before I take off for the weekend.

Tara said...

I hope your XBox gets fixed so that you can enjoy some of it this weekend!

NoRegrets said...

I've never done the AAA thing online and am no longer a member, so can't really help. I did them back in the old days of paper, and they are useful. I don't think they know when lakes will develop as a result of storms.

booda baby said...

All those rules and what to do's in emergencies like surprise patches of ice seem very stupid to me, since you know - you get so many chances to practice. And yet, when you DO have a lake or even some of that scary floating action while you're on an island road minutes after a rainstorm and there's a literal precipice that you're skating towards ... they come in handy.

Pitch black, however, kind of ruins everything. I can't wait for your Xbox to be fixed so you never have to got out again. Except to the Dublin.

TLB said...

See, I decided to avoid the tornado anniversary by moving far, far away.

DJSassafrass said...

Hey-I'm an AAA member and they will customize a 'triptik' for you. Give me acall sometime or emial me the stops and I'll call an agent and they usually have it in the mail within a week--it's actually pretty cool.

Poptart said...

Man, I thought the weather here was shitty!

dmarks said...

I already told all about my Iowa tornado experiences. I'm mostly glad to say I have not had any new ones since then.

Mostly... there is something about me that loves storms.

rel said...

Churlita,
Mother nature has been uber-pissed lately. I'm not sure this is a good time to talk shit to her. ;)
rel

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Nasty weather.. But I hope it goes according to plan when you flip shit with yer friend K

Bobby said...

We have had some near misses with tornadoes here, a really bad one hit Paisley, Florida - 20 miles away. It jumped over us and slammed them. Florida doesn’t get many bad tornadoes like they do out west - that one was a doosey though.

Nice blog...I followed links in.

Anonymous said...

you don't need triple A's help. just like drive west. yeah man.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm tempting fate every time I say this, but I LOVE storms. The stronger the wind, the harder the rain, the more exciting.

There's that cute bald guy on the weather channel. Maybe you'll get to have a face to face?

Mr Atrocity said...

Hope you managed to get happy drunk and XBoxed to your heart's content.