Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bloat, Bloat On

Okay. The Saturday Scavenger Hunt word this week was stuffed. There were so many different ways to take this, but I finally settled on one.

I don't think I have to tell you how much I like making sandwiches at bars, do I? It's that perfect combination of ridiculous and fun that I can't get enough of. At first, the other people in the bar may raise their eyebrows in some kind of "less dorkier than thou" judgment, but you know, for me, that just makes it more fun.

So, last night we chose two very fun slabs of bread and set to making human sandwiches. Each one was goofier than the next. Oh, in case you're wondering...Just because you are making a sandwich, it may not necessarily hide the fact that you spilled your beer down the front of your shirt. I'd like to say I was really drunk when I did it, but really, I'm just messy.

Eventually, the people who were once judging, came by to witness the fun close-up. At one point a girl (who's photo isn't on here) came up and called me and another woman "fiesta girls" and told us how great she thought we were. I'm never sure if those people really mean it, or if they're being facetious and making fun of us. I like to assume they really mean it. It's much better for my self-esteem that way.

I have no idea who this guy is, but he was very excited to be the meat in the sandwich and kept saying, "I get to be the meat. I get to be the meat," Over and over again. I kept my mouth shut and didn't tell him that we had all been the meat before him. What the hell, I'll let him feel special if that's all it takes.

Oh, and let me bring this all back around to the Saturday Scavenger Hunt word, okay? After four bar sandwiches, I sure am stuffed. Yeah, I know it's cheesy, but when you do yours late, all the cool takes on the word have already been covered. Sue me.

I was also tagged to pick the next word. So, I think I'm going to go with opportunity. I'm curious to see what all your opportunities look like.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

That will be a tough one...but doable of course.

No bar sandwiches for me this weekend, but rather me and Renee slept and kind of resembled wraps.

Good job on the beer spilling. Thanks for pointing it out because I looked again and saw that indeed you did dump beer on yourself. Alcohol abuse is a problem that effects all of us...so stop abusing beer in that fashion.

Mr Atrocity said...

Is that sandwich or manwich?

dmarks said...

Aww. No cheez-whiz.

rel said...

Churlita,
One things for sure; you make the most of every opportunity! ;)
rel

Tara said...

Very good word, and I love your creative way of making "sandwiches" and trying to hide your beer spill. :)

NoRegrets said...

Hm...all very interesting sandwiches. But no double meat!

fringes said...

Hilarious. Ever consider moving to Texas?

booda baby said...

Look how tidy you are - except for the big ol' beer stain. Some of them sandwiches have all the stuff spilling out.

Churlita said...

Evil-E,

I know I'm the worst at abusing alcohol that way.

Mr Atrocity,

Damn. I wish I had thought of manwich. "A sandwich is a sandwich, but a manwich is a meal..."

Dmarks,

When I'm around, there's always some kind of cheese.

Rel,

I'm definitely good for that.

Tara,

Thanks. I do what I can.

Nor,

maybe we'll try double meat next time.

Fringes,

After this Winter, anywhere warm is really attracitve.

Booda Baby,

I know. I know. I'm the worst for the beer spillage.

laura b. said...

Funnest take on stuffed ever :-)

I wonder how well that would go over if I tried to start it up in the library....

Lynnster said...

"Fiesta girls"? That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard in my life. I wonder what the hell she meant.

If this posts I guess my days of fighting with Blogger to be able to comment are over. We'll see.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

The second from the last photo represents a coppafeelwich. Goodness me ;)

Tera said...

Hmmm, I had to look at the 3rd picture down a couple of times...that visual near the boobage is almost freaky!

Churlita said...

LauraB.,

Can you get drunk at the library? It's way more fun when you're drunk.

Lynnster,

Honestly, I think she was making fun of us. But she was also hitting on one of my friend's boyfriends so she came this close to getting punched in the throat.

Lady,

I know, but it's her boyfriend, so I'm pretty sure he's copped more than that.

Tera,

Yeah. I should have mentioned that it was her boyfriend so it didn't look so creepy.

AlienCG said...

Good pictures for this week's word. Also, a good word for next week, it should provide a challenge.

Churlita said...

AlienCg,

I thought it was a pretty open word. Because everyone will look at opportunities differently.