Monday, April 28, 2008

And You Could Just About Find a Freak Anywhere

Here is a picture of some leftovers in the hallway on the weekend of the state pool tournament.

So, today after work was just unbridled craziness. There was a track meet and then picking the other one up from soccer and then dropping that one back at school for the solo fest and then me going to the high school to witness said solo fest and then taking both girls to their dad's. Whew. Shit.

Hey, I'm kinda tired. I think I'll finally do that meme that Q tagged me for. I'll post the rules so you can see what I was supposed to do, and then you'll know exactly how I'm breaking them.

Here are the rules:

1. link the person who tagged you. Q

2. mention the rules in your blog…

3. tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours

4. tag 6 following bloggers by linking them. leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged


Here are my quirks:

1. When I was a kid I used to play with the cans in the pantry like dolls. You know, the giant Dinty Moore Stew can was the dad, the bigger soup can was the mom, the regular Campbell soup cans were the teenagers and the Bumble Bee tuna cans were the babies. Every once in a while when I walk past a pantry, I get the urge to go in and create a little world.

2. I have the ugliest feet ever. Is that a quirk, a disfigurement or just a turn-off? I know a lot of people think they have ugly feet, but those people haven't been running since they were 10 - the first five years in those flat basketball looking shoes.

3. I have an unnatural love of eating popcorn. I'm not sure if I could ever get tired of it. What? WHAT?!

4. I play with my hair a lot. Don't worry, I have a reason. You know me, I'm lousy with excuses. It's because it's super curly and it dreads up at the drop of a hat. When I straighten it, I still play with it, because then I have to make sure my edges aren't starting to frizz.

5. I love to make up stories about people I don't know in bars. If it's a couple, I try to imagine what their relationship is like by watching their interactions. When I worked at a coffee shop/ice cream joint called Great Midwestern, me and my friend Ben used to play, "guess the customer's situation" and make up all kinds of shit about unsuspecting coffee drinkers. It's actually pretty fun. You should try it sometime if you're bored and at a bus stop or wherever.

6. Everything. Do people really only have 6 unspectacular quirks, or is it just a way to limit it and keep bloggers from blathering on and on about how adorably quirky they are? Because you know how much I love to go on and on about how adorably quirky I am.

Okay. Now you can guess which part of the rules I ignored. Oh, and do this meme if you find yourself fancying it.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am beginning to think that you are a long-lost sister or something....

I have the ugliest feet on the planet as well. I always wear socks and never show foot, ever....

I have hair, that when long, used to dread up because it too curly to be contained.

I enjoy creating scenarios for strangers as well. I have actually just begun "matchmaking" some of the freaks on the bus. In my head, I am trying to figure out which set of freaks would produce the freakiest kid ever. I have been doing this for years because I love to watch and sort people.

Catch you later sis!!

-RM said...

I'm not a big fan of feet. I wish other people could admit to themselves, that they have the ugliest feet ever as well. I'm so glad that you did.

Nate said...

I demand an ugly feet-off!

We all post pictures of our feet a week from today, and votes are taken.

Anonymous said...

You forgot some of your most interesting quirks...like the sheet popping and hair popping. I know I could just go on and on and on and on. Well, you know!!

Love,

Sissy

rel said...

Churlita,
Popcorn.....Yeeeeeeeeeeeessssss!
rel

Minyo said...

I can totally relate to making up scenarios about people. Recently at a fund raising spaghetti supper, I served up the amount of pasta based on the appetite I imagined each person to have and what kind of day I imagined they had. The other servers thought I was weird.

I agree that it's fun to try and figure out what's up with people when you don't know them.

Is Great Midwestern still around or did Whitey's take over? I used to love to go there when I was younger and lived closer to I.
C. Great ice cream.

Tara said...

I used to pretend that bottles of shampoo and bubble bath were people. A different race among my Barbies. Bath time was fun. So is people-watching. I'll have to try to make up stories for people the next time I'm at the post office.

DJSassafrass said...

You AND your quirks are adorable!

j-dub said...

fellow public trans riders are definitely the best for people to invent stories about. It's almost like you can't help but do it. I wonder if it's because public trans is an odd, isolated-yet-together situation, and we're just trying to connect and empathize with those around us (albeit, in our imaginations)?

[after re-reading this, does anyone else think I sound like yoda? my sentence structures are all kinds of garbled.]

NoRegrets said...

Uh oh, I think the large can of soup had an affair with seafood soup to produce a can of bumblebee tuna!

booda baby said...

We loved - LOVED! - your can story. We're midwesterners, of course, raised on stuff in cans. The po' man's leggos.

Churlita said...

Evil-E,

What time is dinner at mom's house? I hear our mom is an excellent cook, right?

RM,

Unfortunately, I could shout that one to the mountain tops, and it would still ring true.

Gyuss,

Like I already said...We'll see.

Moy,

They only give you 6. That's what the everything was for at the end - to cover everything else.

Rel,

Am I right? Isn't it just a perfect food?

Minyo,

Great Mid finally died in the fall of 1999. It was more bad management and the growing plethora of coffee shops downtown.

Tara,

That thing about the shampoo is kind of cool.

Dj,

Thanks. i think your quirks are adorable too.

JWilliam,

Love your Yoda like comment, I do.

NoR,

Yeah. I have no idea what went on in the pantry after I left and closed the door.

Booda Baby,

Thanks.We always had way more canned food than anyone should eat.

Tera said...

A little world of your own in the cabinet? Churlita...you are going to be my new BFF.

laura b. said...

Cute quirks! I am all about the popcorn...

AlienCG said...

My hair turns into an afro when allowed to get long. I am also not a foot fan, mine are very ugly.

Thanks for sharing and not tagging.

Churlita said...

Tera,

Usually, people hear that and slowly back away from me.

Laura B.,

And if you add fruit, you can call it dinner, right?

AlienCG,

I never tag. I'm bad (or good) that way.

Anonymous said...

always at 3 on Sunday!