Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I'm So Wired Up. Don't Need No Coffee In My Cup.

Here are some Star Trek Captains hanging above a pool table in Riverside Iowa.

So, I had a hard time sleeping on Monday night. I kept waking up and not being able to fall back to sleep. Since I have so much vacation time saved up, I decided to use a half day of it and go home at noon and nap. I highly recommend it.

I had Stinky call me when she was done with school, so I would wake up and get her and get things done for the rest of my afternoon. I did go donate plasma and I ran after that. I was going to heat up something easy for dinner, but The Guy came home from his bike ride and said he was craving sushi and asked if I'd let him take me out for some. Who was I to say no?

I had a wonderful half day off and was able to sleep well last night. I guess we'll see what tonight brings, but I feel a million times better today than I did at this time yesterday.

Let's all remember to stop, relax and take care of ourselves when we can, okay?

5 comments:

AlienCG said...

Sorry I've been out of touch lately. It's been busy with work, social life and other projects. I am trying to make a concerted effort to get back into the blogging world.

By the way, delete the above spam comment.

laura b. said...

Hard to follow those two snappy comments :-)
You do make a good point...grown-ups sometimes forget to give themselves the breaks that they need. Glad you were able to and that you feel better.

Mnmom said...

I went to a Trekkie event in Riverside in about 1984 just to see what it was like. I made the mistake of wearing a black sundress - evidently that's "their" color. They thought I was a kindred. My friends gave me no amount of grief about that.

Tara said...

And now *I'm* craving sushi!

That sounds like such a relaxing afternoon - well at least the napping and the dinner part! :)

rel said...

Churlita,
K!
Naps are my 2nd favorite thing.
rel