Friday, April 01, 2011

There's Only One Solution to This Life

Here is the Queen Mother waving at me from a junk shop window on my way to work this morning.

Soooo, we missed the UPS guy to get my bike yesterday. We have to sign for it, and he must have stopped by in the half hour where Stinky went to work and before I got home. So, that means I got to go home early today and wait for him. A half day Friday and a new bike? It sounds like a pretty damn good day to me.

The rest of the weekend looks like this: Tonight I'm making the brown sugar glazed salmon with new potatoes fried in olive oil and rosemary, steamed veggies and salad. We'll (and when I say we, I mostly mean The Guy) will put together my bike and hopefully watch some geeky bike movie while doing that.

On Saturday, we'll take care of things in the morning, and then meet our friend Bry and take my bike for its first spin. We'll get home, clean up and then I'll go to a bachelorette party and The Guy will attend the corresponding bachelor party.

I have no idea what I'll do on Sunday. It's supposed to rain, so I'll probably work on house projects and if the sun peaks out at all, I'll try to run or ride or both.

How about you guys? Are you waiting for a bike or getting ready to ride?

2 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
I do need to service my bike and get it road ready, but first , out to dinner and get hammered. Well maybe not hammered but 3 glasses of wine to be sure> OK that's hammered for me!
Enjoy your new bike, and pictures would be nice, of the bike. Oh and you too if you're a mind.
rel

laura b. said...

Have a great weekend, Churlita. I know you will!
I will be working one day, and hopefully relaxing the other. Who knows?