Monday, April 18, 2011

And All the World is Biscuit Shaped. It's Just There for Me to Feed My Face

The Guy and I before the race.

The weather outside was frightful, but this weekend was so delightful...And yes, it did snow on Saturday morning.

On Friday night, we ate our veggie lasagna and bread and salad and drank our wine and watched Boogie Nights and it was cold and rainy outside, but nice and warm and cozy inside. I love those kind of nights.

Here's me trying to kick it in at the end of my race.

Saturday was pretty mellow. We did a few things around the house and had eggs and veggies and potatoes for breakfast. Then in the afternoon, the guy went to lunch with his ex and I went to get a few things for the house. I got some wine glasses, silverware and a table cloth, all very much on sale. As much as I hate to shop, I sure don't mind good deals.


E. and Roger and I after the race. All tired and with bunny ears. Precious.

Since Saturday was the 6 month anniversary of The Guy trying so hard to get out of a date with me, he got hit by a pick-up truck, I thought I'd celebrate it by making him go out on another date with me...I figured he wouldn't try that excuse again. I wined and dined him at the Tuscan Moon in Kalona. It was lovely and wonderful. We drove home and tried to watch a couple of episodes of the first season of The Andy Griffith Show on Netflix streaming. I made it through the first one, and nodded off during the second. Hey. 1 out of 2 ain't bad.

Here's me all done with the race with the water bottle and towel The Guy had all ready and waiting for me.

We woke up early on Sunday to get ready for my race. With a few lapses, (in judgment) I've basically been single for 8 years. I'm used to doing everything for and by myself. I've done several races and they were all fine without anyone around to watch or support...But I have to say, it sure is nice to have help in all of this. The Guy drove me to where I was supposed to be and then parked the car and met me. He held me and E's jackets while we ran, took great pics before, during and after and had water bottles and towels ready for us the minute we were done. I really don't think I could ask for a better boyfriend.

After the race, we went out for a greasy breakfast, then went home and took a nap. In the afternoon, we got up and rode our bikes to Hills and then extended the route a bit past there with our friend Bry. Nice, nice, nice.

5 comments:

SkylersDad said...

I am glad you had fun and had a good race!

Pamela said...

how nice... can't believe it's already been six months!

MrManuel said...

6 months already? Woo-hoo! COngrats! And congrats on another run and a job well done. Oh, and Boogie Nights is such a good movie.

laura b. said...

And now we know you came in third in your category, so extra woooo! Plus, six month anniversary, bonus woooo!

Sounds like the kind of perfect weekend you've been prone to lately. It is always a pleasure to read about someone in love and contented, so thank you.

rel said...

Churlita,
I love that look of determination on your face in the finish the race picture!