Friday, April 15, 2011

'Scuse Me, While I Kiss the Sky

Here are some pics that will give you cause to look up.

Oh, weekend. How I'm looking forward to you...

Today it is cold and rainy here in East central Iowa. Tonight The Guy and I will eat the lasagna I made last night with bread and salad and wine and hopefully watch Boogie Nights. I haven't seen it in at least 10 years.

Tomorrow we don't have many plans. It's supposed to be cold and rainy again, so it could be a good day to get things done around the house and run some errands. In the evening, The Guy and I are going out for dinner at The Tuscan Moon in Kalona. It's been a while since we've been there.

Here is a nest of bikes.

On Sunday morning I will do the first 5K of the season. We might go out for breakfast after the run and we're loosely planning an afternoon bike ride if the weather permits.

How about you all? Will things be looking up for you this weekend?

5 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
Garden if the weather holds.
Interesting: nest of bikes!
rel

laura b. said...

Ah, I like Boogie Nights! I know you guys will have another great weekend.
I am at work Saturday and at rest Sunday and that is all I know so far.
BTW, I too am curious about the nest of bikes!

booda baby said...

What strange, strange weather you're having. I never liked that unreliability too much, but it's fantastic from a distance. Very cool that one day, you're at a bike race, the next - cuddled up.

Tara said...

It was rainy, nap-inducing weather yesterday, but today is so sunny and inviting. I went for a walk without my coat today, and it was incredibly windy.

Enjoy the company, the food and the movie! I have never seen "Boogie Nights", but I've heard things. :)

dmarks said...

Ah, you did a sky post too.

Yeah, on that second photo, sometimes this happens during the annual skycycle marathon. Someone makes a wrong turn, and next thing you know there's a cluster of bikes in the trees.