Wednesday, July 29, 2009

She Sees My Good Deeds, and She Kisses Me Windy

Here is a view from under a bridge. They've been working on a lot of the bridges around town that were exposed to the flood last Summer.

Today I flew without a net. That's right. I didn't write a list. What that meant was that I ran my 7 mile route, rode my bike for an hour, took photos around town, scheduled my massage for tomorrow, finished the book I started yesterday, but didn't do any real cleaning. I'm sure I'll feel like cleaning and organizing crap tomorrow...Ahem.

Here are railroad tracks as seen through some bars.

Stinky called to let me know that she got a shiner at basketball camp. She said she's fine, but that it does hurt a little. She sounds like she's having a great time though. Maybe I should make her play four basketball games a day to mellow her out at home too.

10 comments:

Pamela said...

Either that or give her a shiner every day? kidding.

AlienCG said...

Shiners build character. I've had my share in my life and I have plenty of character.

I'm sure you'll be a cleaning machine after that massage.

Susan said...

I hope vacation is going great!

rel said...

Churlita,
Shiners are great conversation starters!
I was offered a job im Marshalltown, Iowa.
rel

Ananda girl said...

Sounds good to me. For flying by the seat of your pants, you get a lot packed into your day.

laura b. said...

A massage sounds so great! I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying your vacation.

Amazing what a LOT of physical activity will do to for a rambunctious kid :-)

Brando said...

I am finally back from crazy travels and have bathed myself in the Internets again. It was great seeing you, I had a very fun time at the Dublin.

Very cool picture of the bridge, too.

Tara said...

I was such a geek in school that getting a shiner from sports was a badge of honor for me. I've had a few from when I didn't know how to catch a freakin ball with my glove. Someone once joked, "Where do they get off calling it SOFTball??"

Brass Pear said...

Is she at Snow Valley?

Churlita said...

Leo, No. She's at Camp Carroll in CArroll, Ia. it seems like a long drive for a basketball camp.