Thursday, July 30, 2009

I Want to Know What I've Lost Today

Here are some flowers in different phases of existence.

Soooo, today I ran my 8 mile route and then got my massage. The massage was great and well needed and all...But then when I was done, I felt all weird and fragile and kind of down. Is that normal? I have heard of people crying after a massage, and that makes some sense. It's a release of sorts. I wondered if it was all those toxins getting worked-out. it also made me extremely tired, so maybe it's all tied together somehow.

Okay. Since I'm still overwhelmed and sleepy, I think I'll stop writing. It's bad enough when I'm well rested. Who knows what kind of stupid shit I'll write when I'm like this.

8 comments:

Ananda girl said...

You know, I think there is something to that. I think it releases all the tension in your body that's holding your emotions in check. All those feelings are set free.

Have a good rest and sweet dreams! I'm glad you pampered yourself. You deserve it.

AlienCG said...

I can use a good massage, primarily around the shoulders and upper back. Any volunteers?

It's a good thing you ran first, you probably would have been too relaxed.

Pamela said...

I've once or twice had a massage and gotten a migraine because of the whole relaxation thing. But it's worthwhile.

em for mighty said...

yah..massages can release all kinds of stuff your body's been hanging on to.
sounds like you got a good one.

laura b. said...

I have never gotten a professional massage, but I think if anyone touched me right now, paid or not, I'd probably cry with relief :-) That's normal, right?

Hope you are feeling rested and refreshed after a good night's sleep.

Mnmom said...

I've heard that too. I've only had the face/hands/feet massage. I'm afraid of what would come out in a full body!!

Laura B! That's too sad! Hope you get a hug soon.

rel said...

Churlita,
I love massages. Twice a year just doesn't cut it.
rel

this new place said...

J gets massages every two weeks or so. sometimes it gets him all wonky, but mostly helps him from the strain of the piano playing. I have only had one real massage and it made me wonky so I dont really want another unless it's from my guy. That dont make me wonky.