Friday, July 17, 2009

A Celebration to Last Throughout the Years

Here are more of my daisies.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes. They definitely did the trick, since my birthday was great.

I slept in, and then I went for my eight mile run. The weather was close to perfect too. I got Stinky to the DOT and she got her permit. She only missed three of the questions. She took her first bad driver's license picture too. I'm sure it didn't help that some boy from her high school was there telling her how horrible it looked. It wasn't that bad, but you know how those things normally look.

When Coadster got home, we packed up all her shit and went to the studio for her first round of senior pictures. She was really happy with how they turned out. He took some less traditional photos, and then he took some regular ones. I had to stifle a laugh when he had her lean her head in her hands. That's the one we mock the most when we're out at the bar taking senior pictures in our thirties and forties.

The photos took longer than we thought, so we had to see the 9:30 showing of Harry Potter. It was very good, just also very long. It didn't get over until after midnight.

Now, I'm exhausted and must to bed and close the books on another wonderful celebration of me...Well, that is until tomorrow, when a bunch of my friends will meet at the Dublin and I can celebrate myself all over again with a different group of people.

10 comments:

Ananda girl said...

Keep celebrating!

Susan said...

Keep up the partying! I'm going with mom to see the movie tonight because I played the "I can't go see a 9:20 movie on a work night!" card last night...

NoRegrets said...

The celebration of me (you) must last an entire weekend. At the very least the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a pretty busy birthday, but it sounds like you had a good day. Are you gonna give us a non-spoiler review of Harry Potter?

em for mighty said...

don't let the party stop!

Clowncar said...

I second the whole birthday weekend thing. I try to wring a party, a night at the drive-in, and a six-pack out of the deal. At least.

Enjoy your blog. I grew up and went to college in Iowa (and was just there last month). Live in CO now, but am very fond of Iowa.

laura b. said...

Behold our awesome powers of wishing!
Have a wonderful, celebratory weekend :-)

Poptart said...

can you post Stnky's DL pic on here? God knows she takes enough of herself that we'll know if it's really that bad...

Probably illegal or something...

thisnewplace said...

I so would not have run 8 miles on my birthday

Tara said...

Sleeping in on your birthday is a very special gift.

Congratulations to Stinky for getting her driving permit!