Friday, July 31, 2009

I Found the Light in the Tunnel at the End

Here is that dam power plant.

Okay, kids. I felt much better today. That massage must have worked some weird hoodoo on my ass and made me feel all wonky for the rest of the day. Now I'm back and better than before...Well, at least I'm back anyway.

I only ran my six mile route today and then actually got some cleaning and organizing done. I found that it helped to just take one small portion of a room at a time, so it didn't feel quite so overwhelming. I went through a box of papers from a few years ago and threw out most of them, but found my birth certificate and some hilarious old photos. One is of me when I was about a year and a half and I look amazingly like Chris Farley in it. Hawt! I also tackled one of my bigger book shelves and my microwave and another part of my kitchen. It didn't seem like that much when I divided and conquered it all.

Here's the other side of the river from the power plant.

Tomorrow Coadster and I are doing our quick college visit. She's off at work, but the kids are having a talent show, and she wants to be back to support them and check out their costumes and such. She is so damn dedicated.

Later in the afternoon my girls are going with their dad to the Quad Cities. So, it looks like I have a night to play. A friend of ours who was here for RAGBRAI, is finally going back to his home and his girlfriend in Boston. It sounds like we're going to try and send him off with a hangover.

I'm not sure what's on tap for Saturday. My friend's ex-boyfriend is getting married, so I think I'll be a REALLY good friend and help her get drunk and take her mind off of it. The things I do for my friends.....

Have a great weekend and let me know what kind of trouble you're planning on finding.

8 comments:

AlienCG said...

Good job, you got cleaning and organizing done. It sounds like a weekend of alcohol induced insanity. Have fun and be careful.

NoRegrets said...

Those dam power plants - funny.
I hope to find fun trouble.

Tara said...

Oo that back part of the power plant looks cool and creepy!

I'm glad you're feeling better and that you're taking the cleaning/organizing project one small section at a time. I did that too the other day and stopped when I lost motivation. But the dining room table looks nice now, and less like a filing cabinet.

Ananda girl said...

Trouble sounds very enticing. I'll see what I can whip up for myself.

What a great building. I love stuff like that.

Have a good time.

laura b. said...

You are such a good friend! We all need at least one like you :-)
I hope you and Coadster enjoy the college visit and that it brings back happy memories for you.

I will finish my move and hopefully even have time for a quiet celebration.

Have a great weekend!

this new place said...

i drank wine every night this week....and I now want more. i think it is awesome that you send people off with a hangover. heh heh. (you should come to Boston!)

rel said...

Churlita,
I'm going to sip red wine, harvest veggies from my garden, and listen to the rhythm of the falling rain.
rel

dmarks said...

"dam power plants" are usually called hydroelectric :)

There's a cool power plant on the river in Lansing that has some nice art deco detailing.