Thursday, July 02, 2009

All We Are Saying, is Give Sleep a Chance.

Here is the fire station in Riverside, Iowa.

So, here's the dealio. It seems as though I caught an annoying Summer cold from the lovely Stinky. She has had a sore throat and swollen glands for a few days now. I am feeling really weak and tired and I think I have a mild fever and runny nose. Because of all that, this may very well be my lamest blog post ever...And as we all know, that's really saying something.

I was going to try to go to bed early, but Stinky ended up babysitting for someone who is staying out very late on a weeknight. Stinky doesn't have to get up early or anything, but I have a really hard time sleeping when one of the girls isn't home. I'm going to give it a good college try though and see if I can actually fall asleep when Stinky isn't home. I'll let you know how it goes...

14 comments:

Ananda girl said...

Feel better!

I don't sleep well unless my kids are home safe either.

I keep good thoughts for you.

rel said...

Churlita,
Summer colds suck. They make us slow down though.
rel

p.s. I still worry when my kids are out late. If I know about it. ;)

Anonymous said...

I had a Summer cold already this year. Of course, the weather has been pretty weird around here. Today is cool and rainy, but this weekend may be warm and sunny.

Unknown said...

Feel better! have to say i was wondering what the fire station had to with that.. was waiting for "hot" story... lol.

em for mighty said...

i hope youre feeling better soon. take care of yourself.

laura b. said...

Take good care of yourself, Churlita. Pretend you are your own daughter :-)

Tara said...

I hope your cold doesn't get in the way of your weekend! Feel better!

Pamela said...

hope you are feeling better. I wrote earlier but blogger didn't want to save it.

booda baby said...

Are you awake yet? Want me to call and drag you out of your sweet sleep? Just asking, because GUARANTEED - on the few occasions I get to nap, THAT's when the phone goes crazy.

I'd like to think everyone suffers that bad timing crap.

And now to the real comment: That must be one of the hardest things about being a parent. Even when you're the opposite of an hysterical worrier - how can you NOT always be on guard for your children's safety and welfare and happiness. Jeeze. I honestly wish you could spread some of that 'watching over them' around.

MrManuel said...

Hope you are feeling better today.

crazy4coens said...

I am sorry that you are sick. Summer colds are the worst!

Poptart said...

I hope you are feeling better!

Susan said...

I hope you're feeling better!

Mnmom said...

I also can't sleep if the kids aren't home yet. Take lots of C!