Monday, July 20, 2009

She Comes and Goes and Comes and Goes Like No One Can

My friend J. kissing her brand new husband.

So, now we're on to Saturday. The girls wanted to go to the mall and you all know how much it pains me to step foot into that den of inequity. I agreed anyway, because I know how happy it makes them when I do. It's weird. You'd think they'd want to go without me so they could flirt with boys and spend some time there, without me telling them they have five minutes until my head explodes and they have to start scraping the pieces of my brain off the floor and walls. I guess all I can do is keep saying my new mantra - "Teenagers are weird. Teenagers are weird. Teenagers are weird..." and enjoy the fact that they still want to hang out with me.

My camera was all wonky for some reason and made us all look like George Hamilton in this pic.

Around 8:30, I picked up G. and we headed to the wedding festivities. My girl crush was in town for it, and that made it just that much MORE fun. We all had a great time. The bride was beautiful and happy and we had one hell of a dance party.

The girl crush getting woman-handled by D., while everyone else was trying to keep the peace/piece.

At one point, we were all dorking-out, doing our old-skool dance maneuvers. I was doing my silly Russian Kossak dance that I find so entertaining. I didn't count on how slippery the dance floor was, and my feet ended up flying out from under me and I landed flat on my ass. One of my ex-boyfriends was there with his current girlfriend. The minute my friend G. walked in from having a ciggie, he had to tell her of my dance mishap. She just laughed and said, "When isn't Churlita falling on her ass?"

Back at the old Dublin Underground.

The reception ended pretty early. Since I wasn't really drinking, (Yeah, I fall on my ass when I'm completely sober) I drove everyone back into town. G.'s ex was having his bachelor party at the Dublin. Gawd, this town is tiny! I stayed for about a half hour of that, but then I was ready to go. I drove my friends with the new baby home, and then stayed up way too late lying in my bed with Stinky, watching a cheesy movie. I really just needed to be home with my girly.

6 comments:

Ananda girl said...

"made us all look like George Hamilton" hahahhahahaha!

Sounds like another great evening and I like the end best. There is nothing like quiet time with your kids.

NoRegrets said...

you're such a girlie girl... ;-)

Anonymous said...

The girls want to go to the mall with you because you are an additional source of cash. Also, be happy they like hanging out with you.

The wedding festivities looked like fun. You're right though, the group looks like George Hamilton.

laura b. said...

Sounds like even though you were very busy you managed to find time for both your friends and you girls. I'd call that all quality time!

Tara said...

Weddings can be very fun and tiring at the same time.

Churlita said...

Ananda,

Exactly. I love spending quiet time with my kids. Normally our time together is very, very loud.

Nor,

Sssshhhh! Don't tell anyone. I'd hate to ruin my imaginary Bad-ass rep.

AlienCG,

I'm so not an additional source of cash for them. They have more expendable income than I do. I think Coadster mostly wanted me to look at a dress she wanted, to see if I thought it looked okay. It was kind of a girl thing. I doubt guys do that too often, do they?

LauraB.,

Yeah. I'm working on tipping the balance in favor of more homebody time in the next couple of weeks. I'm extremely socialed-out.

Tara,

Exactly. That's the perfect way to put it.