Thursday, July 23, 2009

Good News Will Work Its Way to All Them Plans

Here is me dancing like a total dork. I will be doing this throughout my post to celebrate my upcoming, week long vacation.

Sooooo, one more day until my week off. What I didn't tell you guys, is that after I asked for the time off, I found out that Stinky had basketball camp out of town and then Coadster got her job. Coadster now works four ten hour days and gets one day off. On that day, she and I will make a college visit to UNI. I haven't been there since I was a student in 1983. It should be pretty weird. I wonder if it will look familiar at all.

More dorked-out dancing. Apparently, I never get tired of it.

The rest of the week will be mine. I'll see Coadster a few evenings and Stinky will be back on Thursday, but then they leave for the Quad Cities for most of the weekend with their dad. I can't remember when I've had that big a block of free time without work or my girls. I'm calling it my hibernate and reevaluate week. I plan on cleaning and organizing my life. Yeah, I know. A year would be more realistic, but I'm taking what I can get. The plan is to make a list for every day. I'll clean and organize one area of my house, then spend the rest of the day doing something for myself. It could include writing, drawing and painting, reading, watching movies, riding my bike, getting my massage or playing video games. The point is not just to try and get some work done, but to also spend quality time with myself. I know it sounds totally weird, but I'm one of those people who can't process things as I go. When I get busy and things get too social, I get kind of off-kilter. So, I know myself well enough to slow down and do things that I love, and get my feet back on the ground and my head back in the game. I can't tell you how much better I like myself when I make that effort.

I think I'm doing some kind of bizarre windmill maneuver here....Uh, yeah. Who the hell knows.

Tomorrow when I get off work, I'll run if it's nice, then I think the girls and I might watch Coraline with 3-D glasses. Yes, my whole family is just THAT nerdy. Thank you very much.

Saturday begins my Churlita mental wellness celebration. I'll write my list at the beginning of the day and run and do my chores and spend time with the girls. Saturday night I'm supposed to meet G.'s friends who will be in from Europe. She wants us to go to a show at a bar called Kandyland, but we're leaving things open to see how it goes.

Now, what are your plans for the weekend? Will you be celebrating your mental/metal health or will you be geeking out with your family?

9 comments:

Ananda girl said...

You keep on dancing like that! It's gotta be good for you.

Sounds like a great plan. Especially the part about quality time with yourself. Such a good idea.

I'm doing the family deal all the way. But hoping that the Bear takes her bros off my hands for a night too. Have a blast on your vacation!

AlienCG said...

It's you're time off, spend it the way you feel like. Spend some quality with yourself and have some fun.

I have a big weekend coming up with a dinner invitation tonight and a barbecue tomorrow.

Pamela said...

It's so weird, because you are SO social... But I'm glad to know you are indeed a real human being. According to all those scale thingies, are you an introvert or extrovert? I thought I knew, but just checking.

Tara said...

That week off sounds so nice, I'd like to take one of those. Have fun! Enjoy it from start to finish!

I'm going to a party tonight and a movie tomorrow. I think I'll do some much needed cleaning, too. My apartment needs quality time.

Susan said...

I am planning a complete geek out. I'm watching the last episode of the miniseries Torchwood: Children of Earth tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to watch Being Human and then Sunday there's a new Dr. Who Movie (Planet of the Dead) previewing. I'm so excited!!

By the by, I watched Coraline in 3D. It was awesome. :)

Mnmom said...

I was at UNI from 1980-1982 then transferred to Iowa. Just missed you!

Your vacation sounds splendid - hope it is totally rewarding.

I'll be in Decorah for the Nordic Fest.

Johnny Yen said...

A little of both. I badly needed a couple of decompression days-- both school and work schedules were crushing lately. Hope you can get in some "mental health" days, as we called them when I was a teacher,

em for mighty said...

god that sounds wonderful! enjoy!
i ordered a new bike trailer that should arrive tomorrow--&, ironically, my old one was stolen sometime inbetween yesterday & today--so hopefully i will be biking around with my boys this weekend!

laura b. said...

A vacation all for you! Whoa! You are blowing my mind.
If I had a week to myself I would be the Bizarro You. I'd have to really force myself to get social and not just sit around thinking.