Sunday, July 12, 2009

Nothin' More to be Said, Write Me a Letter Instead

My friend and her husband in from NYC.

Good lord, but Friday was a quite a lot of messiness. Don't get me wrong, most of it was good, but it was hectic and then there was stupid drama and you all know how I hate any kind of drama.

I got off work, walked home, ran my four mile route, drove to the store, made dinner, and took Stinky to her babysitting gig. She was watching a fairly young baby for the first time, so there was a bunch of stuff for her to learn before she flew solo.

While that was going on, my friend called me and we planned to meet at the Dublin at 9. Around 7, I got a text from my friend John. He was playing a gig in the town where Mr. B. is from and he heard that Mr. B. was going to be there. He jokingly asked me if I wanted him to say hi for him. I texted back, that he should say hi to Mr. B.'s girlfriend for me too. Then I quickly forgot all about it.

My friend G. also had an out of town guest on Friday. She was great as well.

So, after all of the running around, I made it to the Dublin and was having a great time and exchanging witty banter with people I really care about. Then I got a text from Mr. B. It seems a couple of my guy friends were giving him shit for lying to me about having a girlfriend. At first, I just ignored it, because I really don't care one way or the other. He kept texting me, telling me that he and his girlfriend were broken-up while we were together and that she doesn't really acknowledge their break-up and blah and blah and blah. I thought if I texted back, he'd stop, but that just made him call me.

Since I wasn't actively involved in any one conversation at my table, I decided to take the call and just finish all the monkey business once and for all. He kept asking me where I got my information. I finally told him I saw her Facebook page. (which makes this whole conversation sound like junior high, I know that) He said they just got back together a month and a half ago. I highly doubt it. She had photos of them together from before the last time I saw him in March.

Anyway, he was pissed that I would think he was a cheater. I asked him why he didn't respond to the message I sent him, and he said he didn't get it because he didn't know how to work Facebook. Whatever. Then he said he got back together with his girlfriend out of convenience and he shouldn't have and he didn't think they'd be together for much longer. He also started talking about trying to work things out with me. I said, no thanks. I told him his behavior was shady long before I had any idea about his girlfriend and if he really wanted me, he would have made an effort and he didn't. After some more jawing, I agreed to try and be friends again. I told him things wouldn't be weird if I ever ran into him, and we left it at that.

I think it's pretty obvious what happened next. You can thank me for not making you witness the full moon. I still have a little post traumatic stress syndrome from viewing it myself.

So, I'm still holding strong on my stance. I work full-time, I'm trying to keep two teenage daughters in line, while still feeding my running addiction and living in my own little world. I don't have time for bullshit. If that means I never date, then I never date. I figure if someone is interested in me, then he can let me know and ask me out. If he happens to be a liar, cheater or game player, then he doesn't need to bother. I'm busy.

10 comments:

Ananda girl said...

Great attitude!

How did Stinky's babysitting job go? It must have gone well or you would have mentioned it. Duh!

Other than the drama I'm glad it was a good time.

jenny said...

Sounds like your instincts are right on with that guy. Red flags, red flags!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy I don't have the drama in my life. Keep standing your ground and keep running and all the other stuff. I want to hang out in Iowa, it looks like fun (Wow! I never thought I would say that).

em for mighty said...

god i hate liars. what's the point? i especially hate when they lie to me after i straight up ask them if something's going on. stupid liars.
im glad you figured out that he was a creep. good instincts.

Tara said...

I like your stance. It's better to be single than deal with that crap. The real man who knows the right thing to do will be worth the wait.

laura b. said...

Boys are dumb. Everything else about your Friday is looking pretty good though!

MrManuel said...

Woah! Too much drama for me!

Churlita said...

Ananda,

She did great. She said the baby was a little fussy, but she put him in his swing and then he fell asleep.

Jenny,

That guy has been flying red flags for so long, I feel like charging him and then gutting him.

AlienCG,

I know. I've been trying to stay away from that drama. It's just hard to try and date and not have it. Ugh.

Em,

Me too. I don't lie, so I don't understand when guys do it. It's so dumb.

Tara,

Exactly. I just hope he exists.

LauraB.,

The rest of my Friday night was awesome and fun. I just had to go through that to get rid of the drama once and for all.

MrManuel,

Me too. Just be glad you married the right girl, so you don't have to deal with it.

MrManuel said...

I count my blessings every day!

Churlita said...

Smart man.