Remember how I like fire escapes? Yeah, well here's another one.
Mr. Dateman has kindly given me consent to blog about our evening. So, here's my take. I'm going to do another list thing. I'm sure you're all shocked.
You know you're on a good date when:
1. Mr. Dateman walks into the restaurant looking really, really, really, really, really, really good. (and that's me trying to exercise restraint on the "really's". I could easily have used several more)
2. He makes you a mix CD by artists with names that begin with "the" - ie The Clash, The Buzzcocks, The Specials, The Pixies... You get the drill. Each song on it is perfect.
3. He offers to drive in front of you on the way to the bar in the small suburb of Iowa City where he lives, so you don't get lost, and to be the one to hit the deer if it should come running out onto the road. He also saves you the parking spot closest to the door and parks at the other one further away.
4. He makes you laugh a lot. And after every time you think, "Ha, ha. That's so funny. So, when are you going to kiss me?"
5. He makes you feel comfortable about your own nerdiness, by being completely open about his own geeky ways. You can't quite remember the actual number of video games he said he has now, but you know that even the most serious gamer would be very impressed.
6. He doesn't instantly run away to fill-out a restraining order after you admit that you stalked him on the internets.
7. When you finally go home after spending twelve hours in a row together, it still doesn't feel like enough time.