Sunday, July 20, 2008

I've Seen them Dancin', To Hell With Romancin'

So, here's the happy couple from the wedding I went to. No, wait.


Now, here's the happy couple from my girl crush's wedding. Although, if my girl crush's groom left her for my favorite bartender S., that would mean that both of their wives would be open and look how good I look with S.'s gorgeous lady:


And then there's always me and my girl crush:

Yeah. This is all sounding a little too Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice for my blog... So, hey. What was the Saturday Scavenger Hunt word for this week again? Oh, that's right, it's refreshed. So, lets refresh this post and start over.

I took both Thursday and Friday nights to relax and recoup so I'd be all refreshed for Girl Crush's wedding on Saturday night. Of course, that meant that I had exactly one beer on Friday night and then came home and apparently the minute I walked in my door, all the fun started. I got texted a few times telling me to get my ass down to a bar because all the cool kids were there. Shit. I was already in my jammies watching Superbad for the 3rd time, so I wasn't going anywhere.

It was just a damn good thing that there was even more fun on Saturday night when I went out to play. Look how refreshed I am in the above picture. Ahhhhhh!

Here is a picture of me in my daughter's Homecoming dress and my other daughter's Homecoming shoes.

The other important business I wanted to talk about in this post was my wedding attire. Stinky bought a dress last month for Homecoming already, because she loved it and there was only one. Turns out, I loved it too and since I didn't have anything else to wear, I agreed to pay for half if I could wear it to the wedding first. Stinky was all kinds of interested in that, so that's what I wore...That and Coadster's silver and white strappy sandals from Homecoming last year. It's just a damn good thing that my girls go to semi-formal dances, or I wouldn't have anything to wear to weddings.

14 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
Refreshed? Wow, I guess so! Fabulous pics of you having a great time. That dress looks great on you.
rel

Anonymous said...

very good work on the recycling thing...way to improvise.

very good on the self control Friday night...that must have taken great restraint

very good use of refreshed for the hunt.

very good all around

AlienCG said...

There's a perfect way to combine posts. The wedding looked like fun and it looks like you had a good time.

Susan said...

Great pictures! It looks like you had a very good time! :)

Tara said...

That's a great dress! And isn't it nice when you can mix-n-match with your daughters' wardrobe?

You definitely look refreshed. It looks like the wedding was very fun.

Poptart said...

Do you have to pee in that one picture? Sure looks like it...(hahaha)!

I LOVE that you wore Stinky's dress. You and your girlies rock.

Now, was it OK not having a date? I have a fun wedding to go to in Sept. Maybe you should be my date? You certainly can have fun at weddings!

DJSassafrass said...

You look fab!

NoRegrets said...

And it 's a good thing you're all the same size! How convenient is that?!

Mr Atrocity said...

Nice moves you're laying down there. Good work.

Anonymous said...

YOU GOT SOME LEGS, GIRL!

laura b. said...

Very creative costuming solution for both of you! You look beautiful and it looks like everyone was having a great time.

Brando said...

And to think if I wear my child's clothes in the future, Health and Human Services will come and take her away from me.

Awesome pics and your attire was impeccable.

-RM said...

You look great in the blue dress.

Churlita said...

REl,

Thanks. that's so sweet of you to say.

Evil-E,

Not so much restraint. I was too tired to be all that social.

AlienCG,

It was a really fun wedding.

Susan,

Thanks. It was fun.

Poptart,

I know. They kept having me crouch lower so they could see the guy behind me.

The wedding was great without a date.

DJ,

Thanks.

Nor,

We're a family of big tall girls, for sure.

Mr.Atrocity,

Ha ha. I'm the dorkiest dancer around.

Stepping,

Thanks. It's the one bonus of being an obsessive runner.

LauraB.,

Thanks. I've been poor for a long time. I'm good at it.

Brando,

I don't know. It's only a crime if you can't pull it off, and I bet you'd look great in a dress and heels.

RM,

Thanks. It is a very dramatic blue, isn't it?