Tuesday, July 01, 2008

It's Too Hot to Handle, So I Got to Get Up and Go

Here is a picture of some clouds and the countryside.

Kids, it just turned July and I can't say that I'm all that sad to say goodbye to June. It certainly wasn't all bad. I had some really great times and wonderful experiences. It was just rollercoastery and I'm more of a slow and steady girl (again, more emphasis on the slow and less on the steady). Last month just plum tuckered me out, is all.

Hopefully, we won't have any more flood drama, but I'm not counting on July to be all that very restful either. Here's how It's shaking out right now:

4th of July weekend - Right now I don't have a lot planned. I may stop by Billy Mac's farm on Dane Road and see some bands in the afternoon and I've tentatively planned to watch fireworks with K. and her boyfriend on Friday evening, but other than that, I'm totally open.

The weekend of the 11th - My wedding date is supposed to come back to town for the Euphoria Fest in Lone Tree. I'm taking a a half day off on Friday. I'll go for a while on Friday night and then camp out there on Saturday night.

The 16th is my birthday - I'm not sure what I'm doing for my birthday. I usually like to celebrate it for at least week. I really am that goddamn special. So, I might celebrate a little during Supper Club on Wednesday and then invite anyone who wants down to the Dublin on Thursday night. I'm taking Friday off work, so my daughters and I will go see a total girl movie matinee that day.

My girl crush at another wedding.

The weekend of the 19th - is my girl crush's wedding. I don't think I need to tell you what kind of crazy dance party will be happening there, do I?

The 25th of July - is when we leave for our California road trip. I'm sure I'll write more about that before we leave, but we won't be back until after the first week in August.

I sure didn't schedule any good resting or napping time, did I?

13 comments:

minijonb said...

how many weddings are you going to?!? this is crazy.

dmarks said...

It all sounds so.... relaxing!

rel said...

Churlita,
Sounds like a full boat kiddo.
Christ I don't even know what I'm doing today.
rel

Anonymous said...

July is always a busy time for the Evil one as well. My birthday is three days before yours and though I never plan anything, people take it upon themselves to plan stuff for me.

Enjoy the busy month and maybe you can squeeze in a nap or two.

Tara said...

I like taking a birthday and celebrating it for a week! Sounds good to me.

NoRegrets said...

A woman at work here is going to 25 weddings this summer. Can you imagine?

Rollercoasters seem to be the theme for June. I hope it's a smooth and steady ride for July. Especially across the country.

Poptart said...

Hey I just realized as it turned to July that you cancelled your June Chicago trip! I know you're saving your pennies for the gas to Cali and that June was already too action-packed, but if you wanna come this fall or winter, you are all invited.

Your July sounds good though. I'm glad it's here, too, but June was too fast!!

DJSassafrass said...

June was nuts! July looks even crazier...I'm still adapting to all of it.

booda baby said...

You can nap when you're dead.

When do we start singing happy birthday? I love that song. I should look back at your last year's birthday; I bet I wrote the same thing.

laura b. said...

Doesn't appear to be a slow and/or steady month, given the schedule presented. But probably I am just basing that on my much blanker calender....

Tera said...

You've got some business ahead girly!!! That picture at the beginning has me oh so hypnotized!!!

MrManuel said...

Girl crush is cute.

Where in CA are you going?

Anonymous said...

It's starting to sound like my schedule. I can't recommend that much so be sure and find those nap times.