Tuesday, July 08, 2008

If Only You Believe In Miracles, Baby. So Would I

Well, lookee there. It's a photo of my shadow.

So, I've been thinking lately that I want to go back to actually writing in this here blog. Originally, I started the blog as a way to write everyday. I think I envisioned that I'd be all introspective and give myself the freedom to try all different kinds of writing styles and narrative voices and stuff, and I used to do that a lot more.

Lately, it seems like my blog entries have been sounding more like, "Blah, blah, blah. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. Hey, look at me. I'm a douchebag!" Yeah, I know. They say to write about what you know, so I guess I've been doing that, but I feel like I should be branching out and doing different kinds of writing too.

I was thinking I'd try to do a little less obsessive documenting of my current world, and try to go back and write about some past experiences. This California trip has really got me all nostalgic about the first time I lived there, so I might work on some posts about that. Hell, I may even write a post or two in second or third person. I haven't done that in forever. So, don't be startled if the form changes on some of my posts. It could sound more like, "Blah, blah, blah. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. Hey, Look at what a douchebag I used to be!" Oh, and I don't want you to get all crazy and start expecting anything, but I may even proofread a post or two, just to shake things up.

19 comments:

M. Robert Turnage said...

Your blog post reminded me of one of my favorite websites: Hot Chicks with Douchebags.

http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com/

Poptart said...

Yea! I'm glad you'll be writing more experimentally (but I love the check-in ones too). And I am always amazed at your detailed, incredible memory. Looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

You are not a douchebag at all....you crack me up in the morning.

I stopped posting about my day to day a while ago. My life in at best, incredibly boring. Besides, photos of graffiti are a lot easier and quicker to post.

I will look forward to proof read posts in third person.

-RM said...

LOL, I used to be a douchebag....and you don't seem like a current douchebag...lol

NoRegrets said...

Looking forward to it. But anything you put together is good.

DJSassafrass said...

Who is calling you a douchebag? I highly disagree!

Susan said...

Proof reading? What is this thing you speak of?

fringes said...

Yay!

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I love your nostalgic posts where you talk about the past and post old pictures.

Nate said...

Does your seeing your shadow mean six more weeks of summer?

Churlita said...

MRT,

God. There's a website for everything, isn't there?

Poptart,

We'll see how it goes. You might be singing a different song when you read it...

Evil-E,

Thanks. Don't let boring posts about your life stop you. Lord knows, I never do.

RM,

Thanks. I definitely can be.

Nor,

You're so nice.

DJ,

I am. I'm all self-aware like that.

Susan,

I'm not exactly sure, but I hear that all the cool kids seem to really dig it.

Fringes,

Save that Yea until you actually read the crap I'm about to spew, little missy.

Jeci,

I will probably be recycling some of those too.

Gyuss,

I hope it means a lot more than that.

rel said...

Churlita,
I await with the baited breath of anticipation!
rel

laura b. said...

Your blog is fun to read no matter what. It can be fun to switch things up. I myself seem to be much to lazy to do so...

Anonymous said...

"just to shake things up". Ha. Yeah. I feel like a total loser lately on my writing. Not sure why. Maybe I should go back and paint some more instead.

MrManuel said...

Write whatever, I'll come read it...

Tera said...

I am going to need you not to call yourself a douchebag! LOL!

I look forward to the writing!

booda baby said...

I guess you already know that I love your stories and writings and ruminations and whatever else you call those things, so naturally I'm excited.

You can be a douchebag if you want, but I don't think so. On the other hand and this is true, I don't know what one of those is, so you might and how could I tell?

Churlita said...

Rel,

I just don't want you to be disappointed.

LauraB.,

Thanks. My blog is for me and I don't want to get bored.

Stepping,

I know how you feel. I still have a painting I need to get going on too.

Mr Manuel,

Thanks.

Tera,

You know I'm just joking...For the most part.

Booda Baby,

Thanks. I just want to change things up a little.

marty said...

I met a cool chik from iowa on one of my trips to S.Cali,we were next door at a motel,got a palatial spread on the bluffs of san Clemente,but true to my cracker-white trash asses we made the 2500$ month rent with no $ for electicity..top ramen and cold showers,it was awesome however...good times
xoxoMarty