Friday, July 04, 2008

Doot Do Do Do Do Doot Doot, Livin' in the USA

Here is a picture of my girl crush and my friend Erika drinking the delicious punch Erika made for the bachelorette party a couple of weeks ago.

So, apparently today is the day where I embrace my inalienable right to be hungover and walk around town with a belly full of shame. Since I'm not so good at holding my liquor, I have to be so careful about keeping track of how many pints I have. But last night, the guys at my table kept filling up my glass when I wasn't paying attention and now I'm a little worse for wear. I just hate it that you have to pay to play, you know?

It all started innocently enough. My friend J. called me and asked if I wanted to go for a beer. We used to work together at Great Midwestern about a hundred million years ago, and he had just broken up with his latest girly a couple of weeks earlier, so we had plenty to talk about. I really was only going to have a couple of beers. I'm trying not spend any money so I can save up for my trip.

Then my friend R. showed up with his younger brother and his friends. R. used to be a regular at Great Midwestern, so it was kind of a coffee shop reunion. Luckily, I didn't spend hardly any money, but like I said, I still drank WAY too much. I'm doing much better now, but at one point while I was running, "Tequila" by Herb Alpert and Tijuana Brass Band came on my iPod and just thinking about the title of that song made my stomach turn.

7 comments:

Margaret said...

punch tastes best from an orange cooler

Poptart said...

Now I am so curious who J and R are! I want to know! I miss the GMIC gang. Isn't it funny that those were just the people we worked with then but they were somehow, now, like way cooler than most people? I even think of the peopel I didn't like and I'd like htem more than most. Maybe it's just the whole past-perfect thing, but I don't think so.

Happy 4th! Maybe the hangover's gone by now?

rel said...

Churlita,If I have more than two my brain shuts down and then I feel, briefly, 18 again. In the morning it's more of an 81 feeling.
Sounds like a worth-while cause though!
rel

Mr Atrocity said...

It's a pretty bad day when even your iPod turns against you.

-RM said...

ha! Nice...also your girl crush is now my crush as well. Yay!

Susan said...

To this day if I hear the song "One round with Jose Cuervo" my stomach does flip flops. Never, ever play a drinking game where every time someone says "round" in above mentioned song you do a shot.

laura b. said...

Aw, sorry you were feeling poisonous. Think of what you did as a favor to your friends :-)