Wednesday, July 02, 2008

You Say How and I'll Say When

Here is a picture of a messed up limb after a storm. It's kind of how my head felt for a while this evening.

I was trying to fight off a migraine most of today. It never got really bad, but it made me all stooopid and spaced out and after work there was much resting and taking of mini naps. The good news is that I think I killed it. The even better news is that in my migraine induced stupor, I decided to clean the hell out of my kitchen, water all my plants and make some raspberry lemonade. Yeah, I know. Maybe I should get migraines more often (No really, cruel sarcastic universal power, I'm just kidding. I didn't mean it. Don't wreak more migraine vengeance upon me.)


Me and some of my girly friends doing a hula dance.

Since Friday is a holiday, tomorrow is my Friday...And it's just that kind of thinking that's been screwing me up all week. I keep thinking my pretend Friday is my real Friday and getting all confused about what day it really is. It's a wonder sometimes how I manage to function on a regular basis, work at the same institution for eleven years or raise two daughters. I think it must be true what they say about Jesus taking pity on small children and morons. That is what it says in the bible, isn't it? Eh, something like that.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. I plan on having a fucking awesome three day weekend with a clean kitchen, cold beverages, fun friends and family and as much dancing as humanly possible. I hope you all get to do the same.

14 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
Everyone but the grandgirl's parents will be home for the fourth!
Although I'm on call for the 3rd, the rest of the weekend will be party time.
Monday is not the day to have anesthesia from me :)
rel

Anonymous said...

I don't think of it as Friday if its a holiday...it is Saturday #1.

Have fun this weekend. I intend on doing that as well.

AlienCG said...

Well, using my brother's mindset makes this Saturday #6 for me. Have a happy fourth, stay safe and have fun.

Anonymous said...

Happy Holiday! I get migraines...somehow eating peanut butter and drinking TONS of water the minute I feel it coming on (and lie down for an hour in a dark room) usually curbs it. it sucks to have to be at work though and fight it.

Tara said...

I messed myself up this week by working late on a Wednesday when I usually work late on Thursdays. It's amazing how one little change can screw with our heads. I also forgot that Friday is the 4th of July and thought I had to work that day. Nope! So...TGITH - Thank God It's Thursday!

Brando said...

You are thinking of the Ninth Beatitude, blessed are the small children and the morons, for they shall be cared for in some fashion.

Have a great holiday.

Susan said...

Have a great long weekend!!

booda baby said...

I'm thinking that maybe, then, you wouldn't do so good at freelancing. It's a constant battle (and I usually don't even bother hauling out any weapons, being more of a 'okay, you win' kind of gal) to figure out what day I'm on.

Raspberry lemonade. Oh, that's gooood!

Anonymous said...

I am not able to function when I am migraneing so cleaning,making lemonaid ect would not be how I deal. I do what I have to and that is all. We may see you. I will call and let you know. It will be pretty impulsive and depend on Cindy and William. I will have more info on his condition today. They did a ct scan to check the location and size of the blood clots and will have the results sometime today.

Sissy

Unknown said...

Sorry for the aching head.. wish I had a remedy. Have a great 3 day weekend.

LA said...

Have a fabu 4th at the Farm and stuff. May it be 100% migraine free!

Poptart said...

Yea, so you're off today? Or are you workin'? I taught and then am leaving sorta early today too. I love that you're all TCB when you're hurting - that's badass!

laura b. said...

Bringing out all the awesome this weekend, eh? Have a great one!!!

Tera said...

Oh I SO wish I could hula dance!!!

I remember once having what my doctor thought was a Migraine and she gave me some Excedrine Migraine...I'm not so sure I had ever been that high in my life!