Monday, April 30, 2007

Yo wassup with the L O C?

Here is one of my favorite photos from the orchard last Fall.

In an attempt to avoid the wah-wah quality of my last few posts, I thought I'd stop going on and on about my past illness and move on to something more positive. So, I'll just quickly list a few of my favorite things from the past week.

1.) My favorite day so far this month - May 1st is payday. Hip, hip, hooray!

2.) My favorite e-mail address this week has got to be, funkyjoemedina@somethin'somethin'.com

3.) My favorite google search that recently led people to my blog, besides the plethora of inquiries for "fourteen joys and a will to be merry", (which cracks me up too) was "nicknames for sniffing glue". I would love to have a job where I made-up cool street names for huffing. It would be so much more rewarding than what I'm doing now. Snorting Mr. Ed, or honking VOC's (volatile organic compounds) are the first two that come to mind...Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm not quitting my day job, I'm just fantasizing about it - a lot.

4.) My favorite misheard song lyric. Do you guys know that one song that's on the radio now? If you don't have teenage daughters, you might not have to, but it's by Omarion and the lyrics are supposed to be "There's an ice box where my heart used to be..." One of the girls' friends thought it was, "There's an Xbox where my heart used to be..." I think that is so much better. Who wouldn't sign up for that kind of transplant? When you got dumped, you wouldn't get all morose, you'd just kill zombies, or you'd be fake smiling on the outside, but playing Guitar Hero on the inside. I would even sign up for it, and I don't really know how to play video games very well. I get confused by all the controls and what they're supposed to do. THERE. I said it, I have a video game playing disability. Now, I can run off and find a three day seminar to learn how, or a support group to rise above it. Does this mean that I have a social disease, or a non-social disease?

5.) This last one is not a favorite thing, but the weirdest thing I saw today. I was running on the corner of First Avenue and Court Street, when I thought I saw a branch on the sidewalk. As I got closer, I noticed there was a hoof attached to it, and that it was really a deer leg. How does one lose their disconnected deer leg? Would it fall out of a person's pocket or fly out of the back of a guy's truck? I'm at a loss...

20 comments:

Lynnster said...

Churlita, I would pay you to stop mentioning that Bob Welch song. I can't take the earworm anymore!!! Augh. ;)

rel said...

Churlita,
I guess that when you don't have a closet to hang your legs in , you just leave 'm lay when your done with 'm.
rel

Margaret said...

what coincidence! my 1st is my favorite day so far too

was the deer leg dried out?

Heather Anne Hogan said...

An xbox where my heart used to be! Ha. That's the best misheard lyric ever. I like that picture a lot. It made me laugh out loud.

booda baby said...

Dead deer and their body parts make Iowa one of the more entertaining states. If you added up all the strange places where dead deer have been spotted - places they've got no business at all being - you'd have - something.

Anonymous said...

my favorite day this month... that's funny.

"There's an ice box where my heart used to be..." sounds like the title of a country song.

Unknown said...

Phoebe from Friends..."Hold me closer, Tony Danza"...

I like the word for these misheard phrases, "Mondegreens"...

Check out the archive of misheard lyrics...

http://www.kissthisguy.com/

dmarks said...

"Carry a laser down the road that I will travel
Carry a laser through the darkness of the night..."

egan said...

I'm famous for screwing up lyrics. You can ask my wife or any of my college buddies. They call it endearing, I call it a bad listening skills.

May 1st rocks!

Anonymous said...

You mean your favorite misheard lyric isn't "there's a bathroom on the right" or "scuse me while I kiss this guy"?!
Long ago, in a land far away, I was on a date - singing along with the radio as I'm prone to do - there's this song Keep em separated (offspring?) The line is Take him out - gotta keep em separated. I'm belting out - Tell your mom - gotta keep em separated. The guy I was with LOVED that one - "Tell your MOM - what the hell was I thinking?

-dolittle

Dagromm said...

I'm going to e-mail funkyjoemedina right now, because he has become my hero.

dmarks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dmarks said...

I guess I can comment also on a favorite funny email address. It's this guy who somehow got the nickname Blabber Brat.

He thought it would be cool to use it as his email address. He did, but there was a character limit that cut off the last character.

Yeah, they called him blabberbra.

Anonymous said...

A deer leg just sitting there? Do you live in the woods?

Anonymous said...

May 4, 11, 18, and 25 are my favorite days this month...pay days!

how about Aerosol Avenue, Dusting ( a new fad that involves canned air ) Drive, Paint Parkway???

I have noticed some weird shit when running in the early M as well. Those hours seem to be the freak hours anyway. Fun post today....

Stepping Over the Junk said...

I used to see deer legs. In Baltimore, dogs go running out their back doors and bring back deer legs and parts...the hunters leave them behind when they clean their kill. Yummy.

Anonymous said...

ahhh could you return that deer leg to my in-laws, they must have dropped it while out for their daily walk.

Churlita said...

Lynnster,

I'm sorry. I can't help it that it cracks me up so much. I realize it isn't quite so funny to everyone else.

Rel,

Maybe we could purchase them a special deer leg closet, so they don't have to leave them lying around.

Margaret,

Yeah. I think it was dried out. I didn't see anything oozing.

Heather Anne,

Thanks. I didn't photo shop it or anything. I think it's odd they didn't get the joke...Or maybe they did.

Booda Baby,

At least it gave me something to ponder for a few miles.

Mac,

It's more like an R and B song. Maybe the country and the R and B are merging.

Dexter,

Thanks. I've been there before. I love it.

Egan, DMarks and Dolittle,

One of my favorite misheard lyrics was from this woman I used to work with. She thought the NIrvana song that goes, "I swear that I don't have a gun..." was really "Yes, I smell and I don't have a job..." Perfect.

Dagromm,

It just makes me wish that my name was Joe Medina.

DMarks,

Poor, poor Blabber bra.

Rhea,

No. I live in a college town. It just happens to be located in Iowa.

Evil-E,

I only get paid once a month, so the 1st is always my favorite day of the month.

Stepping,

I think I might have been more grossed-out if I had seen an animal feasting on it.

A,

The idea of your extremely academic, Southern in-laws walking around with a deer leg makes me laugh very, very hard.

Poptart said...

Did you just jump on over the leg, like a hurdle?

I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!!!

xo

Rachel said...

I'm very happy that people are coming to Ataxia via google searches for glory holes.