Wednesday, May 20, 2009

And It's Alright, What I Can't Do

Well, kids. Things have calmed down today and I don't have a whole lot to say. Whew! Right? I did happen to bring my camera to work and took a couple of shots. On my way to work, I noticed that someone had placed a red plastic dinosaur in an overgrown yard. I think he looks really natural there.

Here is the bush in front of my office, heavy with flowers. It's almost unseemly, there are so many on there.

I still haven't really had time to work on the balance I was fantasizing about a few days ago. I have been able to run every day this week, and that's been wonderful. This evening my iPod chose to begin my run with Elvis Presley's "Burning Love" and end it with Elvis Costello's "I Can't Stand Up for Falling Down". I liked the Elvis bookends.

Here are some twin pitchforks that I saw stuck in the ground on my walk downtown at lunch.

Tonight was the first time in forever that the girls spent mostly at their dad's house. I had to drive Stinky to basketball practice, but that was it. It felt weird but good to have entire an evening to myself.

I briefly met the supper club kids at the Hilltop for really cheap but delicious cheese fries. Of course, I didn't do much the rest of the evening, but I was finally able to live in my own little world and listen to my own music and hopefully get to bed at a halfway decent hour. Who knows? I may even get enough sleep to write a post that doesn't suck tomorrow. It's not likely, but it's possible.

9 comments:

Poptart said...

shut up about posts that suck. you know nothing of that. love the dino. good night.

rel said...

Churlita,
Your posts are to look forward to; they're never boring!
rel

Tara said...

At first I thought that dinosaur was a flamingo. That bundle of white blossoms is beautiful.

Susan said...

I hope you got some rest!

booda baby said...

Let me get this straight. You ran, you met folks for dinner (even if it was only for a few minutes) and you blogged? And that's a calmed down day for you. Ha.

A dinosaur is so much cooler than - what are those things called? Not penguins. Long legs, long beaks. Um. Flamingos.

laura b. said...

I love the Elvises :-)

Glad you were able to have an evening to yourself. We all need that every once in a while.

Ananda girl said...

I love coming here to read. Your photos are wonderful. That dino! lol. It sounds like a perfect evening to me.

But I don't know... I'm in a blah state and so are several folk I know. Maybe something is in the air? Today will be better and tomorrow better still.

I liked the Elvi (more than one elvis ) too.

movin down the road said...

i need to go to bed at a halfway decent hour. But never seems to happen. i like your posts, they are real about what's going on. I have to really pick my brain sometimes for mine.

Churlita said...

Poptart,

Thanks. Have you been sleeping any better?

REl,

You are so kind. I feel the same way about yours.

Tara,

He is a little pinkish. I can totally see it.

Susan,

I did and I plan on getting more tonight.

Booda Baby,

yeah. Normally, I do all that and run around with the girls wherever they need to go. Which is why I'm taking it easy this weekend.

LauraB.,

Boy did I need that. I love my girls, but it's nice to have some Churlita time too.

Ananda,

I think you're right. It's that transition between seasons that tends to throw people. I think.

Movin',

It seems like you have a lot going on, but I bet a lot of that needs to stay private. ha ha.