Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm the Last Kid Standing Up Against the Wall

Hey, look what's starting to bloom now. Was it even 2 months ago that I said I couldn't wait until these bushes were full of lilacs?

The weather this week has been incredible for April. I'm sure that's why I've been running so much. I've lived in Iowa long enough to know that it could snow next week, so I might as well run as much as I can now. I wasn't able to give plasma this week either. The last girl who drew it, gave me a small hematoma, and it's still bruised, so I have to wait until that heals before I can give more.

And now it's the weekend again. Tomorrow I only have to work a half day. My fantasy is to run and then ride my bike to Kalona or somewhere and eat a late lunch and read my book on an outdoor patio with a glass of wine. Of course, I don't have the time for that, so my reality will be a run and then some yard work. Which I'm still really excited about.

I have no idea what I'm doing during the evenings this weekend. Right now, I'm planning on staying home, but I like to be open to opportunities, so who knows what will actually happen....

Saturday will hopefully be more running and more yard work. Then more prom preparation than I really want to think about right now. The girls are excited and it looks like their pre prom picture taking extravaganzas will be at different times, so I should be able to make it to both.

I don't there's anything I have to do with the girls on Sunday for once. Yea! I think I'll finally take a day off running and go for as long a bike ride as I can stand...And then of course, more yard work and house fixer uppering.

Once again, it's your turn. Will you get your fantasy weekend or a comparably nice weekend in reality?

6 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
I'm going home this wknd. My wife is going away for the wknd with a girl friend. I'm not sure why I'm going home; to cat sit I think!
Maybe I'll indulge in your fantasy and take a bike ride to a secluded spot and read in the sun. Oops, it's supposed to rain.
I'm sure I'll find something to keep me busy.
rel

NoRegrets said...

Ha. House stuff all the way!
I found a white lilac around the corner from me. I wish I had seen it last year when I was obsessively looking for a white lilac to plant in the yard.

NoRegrets said...

Ha. Housework for me.
I found a white lilac near my house. I wish I had seen it last year when I was obsessively looking for one to plant in my yard.

Tara said...

A friend of mine is treating me to lunch at a Thai restaurant for a belated birthday present. I'm already hungry for it.

Have a great weekend, I hope you do get some time to read and have a glass of wine!

laura b. said...

Your weekend sounds like it has true awesomeness potential.
I work Saturday and rest Sunday and all's well.

Johnny Yen said...

Mine is going to be a busy one. I'm going to help my son tackle his room-- since he's only her four days most months, he doesn't have a lot of time to clean. His room is like a museum to his childhood. He wants to plow through it and get some of the toys he played with when he was 5 and 6 years old out of there.

I also have a test on Monday. And work both Saturday and Sunday nights.

Have I mentioned that I'm thrilled that my semester ends in three weeks?