Thursday, February 12, 2009

You Put Your Passion Out Under the Pressure Pin

Here is a very grainy photo of Coadster's choir that I took with my phone. They worked with singing in different spaces and sang on either side of the audience at one point.

Hey, kids. It's almost Friday and it's also almost Valentine's Day Weekend. Last year at this time I was in a relationship, and getting ready to go down to Bourbon, Missouri with my ex-boyfriend and some other people to shoot guns, eat food and do some drankin'. It was a great time, but it was also a lot of time and bother that I don't have to worry about now. This year, I'm single with no real plans and totally fine with it. Really. I'm not just saying that either. Somewhere in the last couple of weeks, I got in the spirit of hibernating and I've been so happy at home hanging with my girls, cooking, watching movies and geeking out. If I can find time to get a run in, then I'm even happier.

Here are some people with the graduate students' union rallying outside of my office. Another camera phone photo.

So, I guess I don't have any concrete plans for this weekend, and I kind of like that. There are plenty of variables. One is that it may or may not snow up to six inches tomorrow evening. I also may or may not get my income tax refund tomorrow. I've heard a rumor that my girlcrush was thinking about visiting on Friday night. If she does, I may try and meet everyone for a drink. Of course, that all depends on what my daughters are doing.

I do know a couple of things for sure. One is that Coadster will be gone all day on Saturday for a show choir competition. Two is that my ex-husband's play is finally ending this weekend. I'll have the girls both nights this weekend, but starting Monday, their dad will actually be able to start spending time with them again.

For that one "holiday" that some of you like to refer to as Valentine's Day and that I prefer to call Singles Appreciation Day, right now I'll probably celebrate by hanging out by myself, being all comfortable in my lounge pants and geeking-out as I see fit. Hell, I might even treat myself to that bottle of wine and really whoop it up.

How about you all? Do you celebrate Valentine's Day, and if so how? Do you celebrate Single's Appreciation Day, and if so, how? Or do you completely ignore it all and look at it as just another Saturday?

8 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
VD: it's a stimulus pkg. for Hallmark, Mars, and the florists' industry.
Which reminds me, I'v got to order flowers today. ;-)
rel

DJSassafrass said...

I just refer to it as V-D. We trade cards and I get Colin crap he shouldn't be eating, but he loves. Oh-I guess Saturday will be special for him this year since we had to cancel the Vegas thing, I told him we could buy a new TV. Pretty sure B-rad will be brought in to help with that.

Pamela said...

Happy VD day, a day early...

Tara said...

I have to work a bit on Singles Appreciation Day, but that's okay because I have Monday off for President's Day.

When I get home from work tomorrow, though, I plan on probably playing on my Wii, watching movies and having some wine and chocolate. Sounds like a fine plan to me! Enjoy the weekend!

Susan said...

I'm going out with Lil' Bit. We're having an Anti-VD celebration!

booda baby said...

I like any excuse to celebrate anything. I love Valentine's Day and have never taken it personally, one way or another. I like being everyone's Valentine, which is a big deal since the rest of the year, they just piss me off.

laura b. said...

I am very excited to have this three day weekend. No concrete plans...and that sounds just fine to me at this point. If, say, 4 out of 5 children are able to remember to tell me Happy B & V day tomorrow, I'll be stoked.

Mr Atrocity said...

It's just another Saturday. Well it isn't since I'm not working on it for a change but it seems like a normal Saturday to me otherwise.