Sunday, June 03, 2007

All the Girls and Boys, Makin' All That Noise

Here's one of the cloud photos Coadster took today.

Well, kids. I'm a little sleep deprived tonight. Sometimes there are way more important things to do than sleep. The only reason I'm even mentioning it, is because I'm using it as an excuse for writing a short and uninspired post. I know, I know, it's always something with me.

I didn't run today, since I was feeling a little low energy and every time I would get ready, the sky would cloud up and I didn't want to get stuck out on Scott Boulevard in the middle of a storm. Instead, I tried to take a nap but was awakened by Stinky and her friend watching movies and talking about scary, thirteen year old girl stuff. I also went to check on the garden and hung out with my friends J. and K. We looked at stuff on J.'s computer. We saw the new Loch Ness Monster footage (lame - it looks like a floating log to me) and some pics of a gigantic boar (that wasn't me this time) an eleven year old boy shot at one of those confined hunting places.

Tomorrow (which will be today for most of you) is the girls' last day of school. Coadster has her Alice Cooper CD out and ready for action. I always take the following two days off. When the girls were younger, we used to do fun stuff to swing into Summer vacation. Now that they're older, I'll probably drive them and some of their friends to the pool, but mostly, I'll try to get some errands run. I'm normally at work when everything is open, so it will seem like such a luxury to take care of things during normal business hours. I'm also fantasizing about sitting in a lawn chair, drinking some iced tea and reading my new comic books, but I'm not counting on it.

10 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

The gigantic Boar is pretty funny.. As for Nelly.. I believe something exsists and it just has managaed to elude capture... It's probably some kind of reptilian creature that has spawned over a thousand years or so.. no floating log that I can see..

Rachel said...

Love that Alice Cooper song. It is truly the anthem for the end of the school term. Especially graduation. I wonder if any class has ever used that as their graduation song. Probably not. Too bad.
Devon's last day of school is this Thursday so we aren't much behind you guys.

Anonymous said...

I encourage you with the iced tea and the comic books and chair stuff. Go for it. The girls are old enough to know that that's you summer vacation treat.

My guys have school until the 12th !!!! Maybe we can squeeze in a little fun the next couple of days around baseball schedules.

Margaret said...

I feel so strangely luxurious at the bank in the middle of the afternoon, you know, normal buisness hours

booda baby said...

The last day of school. Sigh. That's better than the best comfort food. Very very clever of you to get one for yourself, too.

Tara said...

I'm trying to think of what we'd do during summer vacation...I know we barbequed most nights if the weather was nice. My friends and I would have slumber parties and sometimes our family would go to an amusement park. Oh and of course go to the county fair to eat some of the best junkfood there is out there. Caramel apples...greasy french fries...funnel cakes...(sigh)..And now I live only fifteen minutes away from the fairgrounds.

Poptart said...

Awesome! So today is a Monday but it's also sort of a Friday! Woo hoo! That's great that it's the last day of school for the goyles. Just get outta the house in the morning and get your chair/iced tea/comics time in then. You'd be up anyway, but you can relish it because you'll be free...

Yes - the daytime errands are the best!! I feel like an escaped convict even at the Target with all the baby moms.

See, I want YOUR life.

Brando said...

Is it too much to ask for footage of the Loch Ness monster attacking the cameraman? Humps and shadows in the water are so uncool.

Enjoy your days off -- I also agree that random weekdays off are awesome, like snow days for adults.

Anonymous said...

We used to have the same tradition of playing the Alice song. We also threw in "Hot for Teacher" and "Smokin' in the Boys Room" by Motley Crue.

Enjoy the time off and those normal hours.

Churlita said...

Babybull40,

We were just saying that with all the great digital cameras, why is the Loch Ness footage always so blurry and grainy?

Rachel,

Good for Devon. Make sure you play lots of Alice Cooper.

NotFaintHearted,

Wow. That's late. Good luck squishing in the fun.

Margaret,

It always feels kind of wrong and dirty.

Booda Baby,

I always try hard to get mine too.

Tara,

Mmmm, junk food.

Poptart,

You so don't want my life, you just want to go to Target in the middle of the day.

Brando,

Why doesn't Nessie attack all those camera men with their strange accents and bad teeth?

Evil-E,

I guess the difference between girls and guys is the absence of "Hot for Teacher" and "Smokin' in the Boys Room".