Friday, April 17, 2015

There is No Pain You Are Receding.


Apparently, I've been a little lame in the blogging department this week. Sorry about that.


I know I've mentioned several times that I can get a bit socially overwhelmed, I'm not much of a structure person, I'm a HUGE homebody and if I ever won the lotto, I would quit my job in a heartbeat. Well, this week I started feeling like my life was moving too fast and I desperately needed some alone time so I could reboot. Since I didn't win the lottery, I had to just take a vacation day for no real reason other than...Sanity.


I did have some practical plans, but most of them fell by the wayside, to just slow everything down, hang my laundry on the line, read the book "Sisterland", which has been really hard for me to put down and go for about a 50 mile bike ride to Sutliff Bridge and back.

Don't think I forgot it was cat day Friday...

Ignore my ugly 40 years of running feet here, and imagine how lovely it is to put up your dogs, while you read a great book on your screened-in porch, as your cat eyes a bird on the feeder. Feel the warm, 75 degree breeze and smell the freshly cut grass from your neighbor's yard and notice your breathing slow down, while your brain rewires itself. Got that? Feeling that? That is sanity and I had that for most of the day yesterday. It was purrrrrfect.

No comments: