Monday, April 06, 2015

Is There Life on Mars?


Well, I slid through another amazing and exhausting weekend, to think work might not be so bad, because at least I get a chance to rest-up a little.

My shadow followed me the entire run.
 I'm starting to taper off my running, since next weekend is our 25K trail running race. I needed to get used to running the kind of ridiculous hills that will be in my trail race. Lucky for me, I live almost exactly a mile from some amazing trails at Hickory Hill Park.

So, I did a slow warm-up to Hickory and then ran 4 miles there and then ran back on an extended route. I got in over 7  miles of running, which is the longest I'll run until next Saturday.

 This is my most hated bridge. Sure, it looks cool, but it's one of those that bounces up and down as you run and it messes up my stride something fierce.


This is someone's sculpture garden on the bike path that I run down. I love that there are so many sculptures all around town.


After my run, I made breakfast for lunch, hash browns saute'd veggies with leftover salmon, parmesan cheeesy eggs and toast. Then I did some work in the garden to give myself time to digest before I rode about 17 windy miles on my time trial bike.


I got home, cleaned-up and then John and I took our friend Ginger out for a belated birthday dinner at 30Hop. After we ate, we showed Ginger the outdoor, rooftop patio and we played with the ceiling heaters that looked like toaster ovend to us.

By the time we got home, it was after 8 o'clock and I was ready for bed. I love being old.

2 comments:

bribikes said...

Ummm...I will put this gently but I think you should be slightly concerned about a shadow stalking you for your entire run. I mean it is cool that the shadow is fit enough to keep up with you for seven miles, but you gotta admit that it is rather creepy as well.

Churlita said...

Yeah, those stalker shadows can be super creepy. Ha ha.