Sunday, December 21, 2014

It's Comin' On Christmas. They're Cuttin' Down Trees.


Yesterday was lovely. I ran about 4.5 miles, without being on anti-inflammatories and my butt didn't hurt for the first time this month. Yea! When I got home I was ridiculously tired and realized that I had finally caught John's cold. Boo! Since John wasn't feeling all that great either, we decided it probably wasn't the best idea to swim laps in the afternoon after all. Boo! Instead, we went to the gym, just to sit in the steam room for a half hour. Yea!

During my run, I had great songs on my random play list, which lead me to these thoughts: "Baba O'Riley" is one of the best songs to run to. I believed that in high school when I used to listen to it on my Walkman, and I still maintain it, over 30 years later while listening to it on my iPhone. The Ventures, "Walk Don't Run" Is, ironically, also a great song to run to. Listening to Etta James' "Tell Mama" makes me feel like the sassiest runner out there.

After our steam, John and I went to Eastside Shorts for black bean burgers, chicken sandwiches and beer. Driving home, we had this conversation:

Me: In general, I think people get way more interesting, the more bad things happen to them.

John: So, does that mean you are hoping for more bad things to happen to you?

Me: No. I think I'm already WAY more "interesting" than most people can handle.

No comments: