Wednesday, December 24, 2014

I Have to Celebrate You Baby. I Have to Praise You Like I Should

My friend, G. at Ride.

So, I got up this morning and ran about 3 miles, then rode my bike to work. Since I also took a shower, I'm going ahead and telling everyone I know that I did a triathlon before work on Christmas Eve. I. am. Awesome.


I finally got around to going Christmas shopping last night. Nothing like waiting until the last minute...I went with my friend G. We started out with dinner and a beer (for me) at the new Cycle centric restaurant, called Ride. It was my second time there. I had the black bean quinoa burger and it was very nice. The fresh basil leaves totally made it.


We headed to the big scary mall (maul) where I feverishly grabbed the stuff on my list and found a few fun toys for the grandpuppy. I don't want to give anything away, but I got her her first F-R-I-S-B-E-E.


When I got home, I had the whole place to myself...Well, besides the stinky cats. John left for Virginia earlier in the day, so until the kids come tonight, I am the sole human in the joint.

Archie was again, very "helpful" while I tried to wrap gifts for the girls. I thought it would be cute to stick a bow on his head, and he kind of scared me with how quickly he squashed that idea and how violently he murdered the bow. Then I unrolled the wrapping paper, and I couldn't get his fat ass off of it, to use it for its intended purpose. I finally had to tempt him with one of the unbreakable ornaments to get him to move. Full of the Christmas spirit (or something) that one.


I was also foolishly excited about having the bed to myself and to be able to stretch out and really get some good sleep in. Um...Yeah. You can see how that panned out.



I am pretty happy and feel prepared for the girls and any boyfriends and the grandpuppy and the coming festivities. So, I wish all of you in blog land a happy whateverthehellitis you celebrate. Mostly, I hope you are all celebrating yourselves.

No comments: