Wednesday, December 10, 2014

I Look Around. Leaves are Brown and The Sky is a Hazy Shade of Winter.


 Oh, Iowa. How I love your skies.


So, yeah. I've had a lot going on lately. I was summoned to federal jury duty on Monday. I had to drive an hour to Davenport and an hour back. I sat through the whole jury picking process, but luckily, I didn't get picked to serve. Of course, I'm not sure if I have to keep calling in the rest of the month, or if that was it. I guess I'll find out on Friday when I call in again...


Also, my butt is much better. Thanks for asking. I went from not being able to walk, to being able to walk very slowly and then dropping to my knees in pain when I moved the wrong way, to walking very slowly, with the pain lessening, to now where I can walk normally, I can actually sleep in almost every position again, and I can ride my trainer. I am going to try to run a little tonight. If all I can do is walk, I like that too, so that's okay. But I will run gently,  if it doesn't hurt. I am excited to give it a try again.


In year's past, I have kept my bike trainer in the garage, where there isn't any heat. I work so hard on it, that even if it's below zero outside, I am sweating like a crazy person after 20 minutes or so. The only problem with that, is that I am a wuss. Especially when I ride home from work in the freezing cold, the last thing I want to do is go back out into the freezing cold garage, for another hour or two of a trainer work-out, and I only worked out on it about half as often as I would have, if I hadn't wussed-out.

So, now I put it in the spare bedroom, where I will be much too warm after I get started, but I hopefully won't wuss-out like I did all those times last Winter. Plus, I have two fans on me and I can open the window when things get too warm.

Archie eyes the trainer a bit suspiciously. Who knows what the hell that thing will do...



I had to get things set-up for it this year as well. The battery on my bike computer died, so John was nice enough to change it out and get it back rolling. I also needed a clock with a second hand on it. So, John installed a clock app on my phone. Now I can keep track of my RPM's on my Tabata intervals, and kill myself even more during my work-outs. Lucky me! I also have a nice view of the outside, and if I don't feel like working out as hard and just want to spin a little, I can set up John's laptop and watch a movie or an hour of a Netflix show and pedal. The only bad thing is, now I have absolutely NO excuse not to ride. I'm sure I'll think of something...


This is also the room where we keep our cactus garden. I love having a cactus garden in Iowa in the Winter. It feeds my self-diagnosed oppositional defiance disorder.

No comments: