Wednesday, May 11, 2011

She Is Like a Cat in the Dark and Then She is the Darkness

Here is a weird, covered staircase on the side of a building in Riverside. Ia.

So, last night was very warm. I mowed that woman's lawn and then came home and mowed my own lawn. I came into the house all stinky and sweaty (sexy....Or not) and The Guy and I made tuna melts and salad for dinner and sat around the table talking with Coadster.

I picked up Stinky from work and then The Guy and I sat out on the screened-in porch and drank beer and talked for almost two hours. Sure, I had laundry and chores and whatever else I could be doing, but there was nothing else I would rather do.

There was a nice breeze, and the cats came out and sat with us and we had a great talk...And guess what? That's right. All that other stuff was still waiting for me when I came in the house. I'm sure I'll feel like taking care of it tonight...

5 comments:

booda baby said...

Laundry and chores? Who cares? The cats?

It's the weirdest thing, reading about your heat and big easy wave. I'm going to put this in the internet suggestion box: some texture, please.

laura b. said...

I have to say that great talks trump most everything else.

rel said...

Churlita,
Chores are for when you've nothing better to do.
rel

Tara said...

That IS a weird stairway!

Sounds like you had another perfect evening!

NoRegrets said...

Enjoy it while the nights are fine. :-)