Friday, December 21, 2007

In a World Gone Crazy, Everything Seems Hazy

Here is Stinky standing next to a Cyclone Cone when we were in Ames.

Today, Mr. St Louis called me in the afternoon and asked me what I was doing. This is what I told him, "I'm at Jiffy Lube watching end of the year sports highlights on ESPN". He told me that he never guessed I'd answer that way. You know me, I like to be unpredicatable. Basically today, I ran around like a crazy person trying to get shit done.

First, Stinky and I watched a girl movie. At one point, a woman had a two year old'ish kid who started to cry. And cry and cry and cry. At least three people asked her to take the kid out so we could hear what the pretty people on the screen were saying. The woman not only refused, she got pissed-off that anyone even suggested it. What the hell is wrong with people?

After the movie, we got our car ready for holiday travel and then we went to the mall and I got most of my Christmas shopping done. I still have a few things to get, and I may have to work around a blizzard to finish up, but I'll will finish, dammit.

Tonight, I was wiped out. My friend Ondine called me to see if I'd meet her and T. and our friend Ed Gray at George's for a beer. I showed up, drank one whole, entire beer, chatted with my friends and then went home. Very quick and dirty...Okay, there was nothing dirty about it. Darn.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't even get me into the topic of why people would do the unthinkable - bring an infant/toddler to the movie theater who will cry and fuss, and then REFUSE to get OUT?? Rargh.

Mmmm, beer sounds so good right now.

Anonymous said...

Beer does sound good right now, as well as any other kind of alcohol.

I had enough of the little kids this year....four 1-4 year old birthday parties sealed it for me.

Margaret said...

you can do dirty later

Churlita said...

Emma,

I know. How annoying is that?

Evil-E,

It sounds like you needed some beer at the kid parties.

margaret,

I know. I can't wait for next week.

NoRegrets said...

PS - another great makeout song is Your Own, by Oneself...

laura b. said...

When my kids were small and I had no one to watch them, guess what? I didn't get to go to the movies! So I get very irritated when people aren't as considerate as I was :-)
Keep surprising Mr. St. Louis.