Saturday, December 15, 2007

And Feel, Feel What It's Like to be New

Here is a picture of a bent, icy, metal fence.

Tonight I am tired. It's been a long, weird week. It's been really good in a lot of ways, but busy and I feel like I need to spend some time in my lair to try and process it all. Hopefully, this weekend will be more mellow than last. I think we'll get our tree tomorrow. I may go out for a drink with a girl or two tomorrow night, but I don't plan on staying out late.

I'm sure there'll be football and beer and wings on Sunday, and one of these days I'll have to actually go Christmas shopping. I just can't bring myself to walk into a mall on a weekend day right before Christmas. Now, I will retire, in hopes that I can rest up and be more functional tomorrow. As always, wish me luck.

9 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
May the force be with you.
rel

Anonymous said...

When it comes to malls in general, much luck is needed...let alone this time of year.

Be tired, a lot of us are right now as well.

DJSassafrass said...

The biggest perk about having moved to small town Iowa...no malls=no intention of going to one anytime in the forseen future.

Not Fainthearted said...

I had to go to a mall twice last week, during the evening. It was madness I tell you!

Aren't there any little stores you could go to instead?

Anyway, hope today is peaceful and as little stress as possible.

booda baby said...

Luck, wishing you it.

laura b. said...

You are a busy girl. I hope this weekend lets you get some well deserved downtime.

Churlita said...

Rel,

And also with you.

Evil E,

Exactly.

Dj,

I would love to have that excuse.

Booda Baby,

Luck. Receiving it. Thank you.

LauraB.,

It did on Saturday. Thanks.

Churlita said...

Not,

There are. But some things just have to be bought at a Target or someplace like that. You know?

Anonymous said...

I hate Christmas shopping. I think a good idea is to start gathering up presents throughout the year when there are good deals, etc, that way you'll be all set for when Christmas comes along! Too bad I'm awesome at procrastinating.