Thursday, May 17, 2007

Nights are Warm and the Days are Young

Here is a picture of a garage that looks like a barn.

Oh my gawd, but Friday can't get here soon enough. This weekend I want to actually achieve some kind of balance. You know, not either spend the whole weekend doing stressful things for other people, or going the complete opposite direction and indulging all my hedonistic tendencies like last weekend. I was thinking I'd try mixing and matching for a change.

So, here's what's on tap:

Friday night my big goal is completely vegging on my couch all night. I might watch a movie, or I might catch-up on my Sopranos watching. Whatever I choose to do, it will involve comfort and escapism - my favorite combination.

On Saturday, my daughters and I will drive down to Ottumwa to celebrate Coadster's birthday with the family. I think after two weeks, her birthday should finally be sufficiently celebrated. Jinkies!

Now, here's where the mixing and matching come in. Saturday evening will be girl's night. Ondine is still in town, so we're planning on grilling out and then drinking beer in a few different bars in Iowa City. Just in case one crappy watering hole, turns out to be better than another.

On Sunday, I will garden, clean my house and get everything ready for the week. So, um...How many days do I have to try to balance all this stuff? Maybe I'll have to chuck the cleaning and organizing part. Eh - balance, schmalance.

10 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Who needs balance when beer is involved..? I think the cleaning could wait another week..lol or clean saturday then drink all night and sleep all day Sunday..And how about the kiddies help out too.. makes it so much easier when you have help.. Coadster is still celebrating her Birthday? Wowser's..

Tara said...

I love girl's night. Tonight I'm going to a Pampered Chef party hosted by a friend. I don't normally like to go to those anymore, it depends on the theme. But tonight's theme is "Death by Chocolate". Hehe. Saturday I'm helping my mom with something at her place. Can't remember what she wants me to do, though. And Sunday's are usually set aside for lounging.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Margaret said...

sounds kinda busy, maybe dropping the cleaning portion is necessary

fringes said...

There will always be something that needs to be cleaned. Leave it for another time. Have a great weekend!

David in DC said...

No one ever lies on their deathbed regretting the housework they didn't do. If it interferes with more important stuff, to hell with it.

Dagromm said...

Fridays are all about escapism. Once I get home I feel like it's my duty to myself to do as little as possible for the rest of the evening.

dmarks said...

Nice pic, too! There is one of those small garage-like barny things in my town that is supposedly the oldest building around at all. The stalls/entrance cannot fit cars. It burned a few years ago, but not to the ground. It sat there blackened for a few years until they finally stabilized it and it now looks as it always did.

Poptart said...

Yea, for the goal of vegging! I rented 3 movies and am doing the exact same tonight. Might even get some crocheting done. Or laundry, though that would involve the laudromat...

Anonymous said...

Have fun with the whole balance schmalance thing. Enjoy the weekend no matter what you get yourself into.

Churlita said...

Babybull40,

You're a genius.

Tara,

Have fun dying by chocolate. I can't imagine a better way to go.

Margaret,

I think you're right.

Fringes,

It's true. I'd just have to clean it again in a few days.

DAvid in DC,

Exactly.

Dagromm,

Me too. I'm usually too tired to do anything constructive.

DMarks,

That sounds really cool.

Poptart,

Don't do laundry. No good can come from leaving your house.

Evil-E,

That's just what I intend to do.