Here are some flowers from my yard for you.
So, I know not all of you have children, but if you frequent my blog at all, I'm just going to assume that you're some kind of a muthah, so happy muthah's day, bitches!
I took the whole Mother's Day thing and ran with it. (literally and figuratively) I decided I deserved an entire weekend, and so I took a couple of fun days and didn't worry about doing anything practical. Here are some of the ways I wasted my time:
1. On Saturday morning, Coadster and I made our weekly sojourn to the farmer's market. I forgot to bring cash, but we looked at stuff and ran into some people we knew. I wasn't even a little bit hung-over from the night before, so it truly was a good morning.
2. I ran my eight mile route that goes through Coralville during the day, because the weather was so nice. It kind of kicked my ass, but in a good way. It was also the first time I've been running for a long time, where I didn't have some jerky boy, yelling crude shit out his car window at me.
3. Saturday afternoon I went to a party for a short time. It was held at the house of some women who either work, and/or hang-out at the Dublin Underground and we celebrated several birthdays and graduations. The rule was that you were supposed to wear a Dublin Underground t-shirt. Since I didn't have one, they wrote the name of the bar on a piece of duct tape and made me stick it to my tank top.
4. On Saturday night, I went to Mr. Dateman's house and had a great time there - as usual.
5. Even though I said I was going to take the day off today, the weather was too nice for me not to run. I kept it down to a more sane six mile route, but I'm so glad I got out and did it.
6. The girls told me to pick what I wanted to do for Mother's Day. I chose going out to lunch and then comic book shopping. Since the apples don't fall very far from the gigantic geek tree, my girls were thrilled at the suggestion.
I bought this GI Joe comic book (among too many others) strictly because of the cover. I'm shallow like that. Hey, it was only $2 and I can't wait to check it out. What do you suppose GI Joe has to do with a punk rock cat fight?
7. Tonight, my ex took the girls so I could go see some RAWK! at the Picador. The music was very good and loud and there was much throwing of rock hands. Mostly though, it was good to spend time in the beer garden with a lot of my friends who haven't all been together in the same space for a long, long time. I had a few drinks, which is a lot for me (they don't call me "Two Beer Tara" for nothin') and now I must retire so I can get up and be all nice and cranky for work tomorrow.