Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Senses Working Overtime

Our friend Bry turning the laser on himself. When cat toys go bad...

Last night was nice and mellow. I tried to give plasma but my iron levels were too low. Damn.

I went to get stuff to make soup for dinner tonight and then got home and reheated and dressed-up leftovers while The Guy messed around with his car and cleaned things up around the house.

After dinner we decided to provide ourselves with entertainment by giving the cats some catnip. Archie had never had it before and holy hell! He loved it. He ate it and rolled around in it and went plumb loco for it. We laughed our asses off watching the two cats half-heartedly fighting each other over the catnip by swiping at each other with their paws, but while still lying down. I did take some pics, but forgot to bring the camera to work to upload them. Hopefully, I'll get them up tomorrow.

Tonight our friend G. is coming over for dinner. She won't get here until a little after 7, so I'll get a run in first. I'm making potato leek soup, salad and bread. Stinky loves this meal, so she even agreed to grace us with her presence. Nice.

6 comments:

laura b. said...

Cats on catnip, you people know how to have a good time! So funny. I always think of how good potato leek soup sounds, but never make it....

booda baby said...

Leek soup, we looooooove. A. has a recipe that brings tears to peeps' eyes. Ymmmmm.

And honestly, catnip antics are so entertaining. Not as good as leek soup, but still ...

MrManuel said...

Your meals always sound so awesome!

Susan said...

Jasper just isn't a big fan of catnip. It depresses me.

Tara said...

My mom's cat will go bonkers for catnip, but other cats completely ignore the stuff. My cat would lose interest within a few minutes.

NoRegrets said...

Mmm...
Funny - Billy doesn't get excited about catnip!