Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Doctor My Eyes Have Seen the Years

Here is The Guy and me. Not the best picture of me, but The Guy looks great.

So, that little writing exercise below does need a lot of work. I wrote it at work, so my brain was being sucked by the beige cubicle walls and it didn't say everything I wanted it to. I wanted it to be a little more about the person I am now too, but under the guise of physically being exposed and how different both physically and mentally I thought I'd be at this age. I guess, overall, I feel really good in both aspects. Because I work-out, in some ways I'm in better shape than I was at 19 (when I never worked-out and ate crappy food and drank too much beer). Emotionally, I'm in way better shape than I was in my twenties. Thank god.

I feel like I need to keep reevaluating this whole aging business to keep it in perspective. Who knows what will happen later, but at 45 years of age, I feel better and am in better shape than I was 20 years ago. If you had told me that would be the case when I was 25, I doubt I would've believed you.

Now, in the interest of talking about what I eat all the time (ha ha, Pamela), I'm building a meal tonight around the frozen somosas we got at Trader Joe's about a month ago. I'm making curried red lentil soup and salad and serving it up with bread and mango chutney. I hope it's as delicious as it sounds.

4 comments:

laura b. said...

You both look adorable!

I was happy at 28 with my young family and I am happy now at 48 with new avenues before me. Life is good.

rel said...

Churlita,
I'm convinced that regular physical activity is the secret to youthful aging. No reason to get "old" 'til you die.
I'll let you know if I change my mind.
rel

booda baby said...

What a great picture! You're a cutey pie!!

I think it's good to take a look at your own aging until you can wrap your head around being exactly where you are. If it's harder being older, I think it's only because I have more lenses to examine the world through and it's easy to get distracted by them all.

Unknown said...

So many good things! I love that you are posting your writing again- YAY! ANd I hope THE GUY will encourage you to do that more. You look healthy, happy, wonderfully adjusted - hah! Between the cat and the meals, I was beginning to wonder :)... thank god you added martinis to the mix- and REAL ones, not those silly flavored vodka drink SERVED in martini glasses, that girls think they are being so coy ordering.. because isn't it fun to say MARTINI. Go on. Say it.