Monday, November 01, 2010

I Hear You Singin' Through the Wire, I Can Hear You in the Whine

Here is Coadster on Halloween. She was one of the Jer*sey Sho*re girls. (so, so much bronzer) Oh, she makes her mama proud.

Tonight I had a great run. It was the first time since the guy's accident that I felt really strong and got such an amazing runner's high. It was exactly what I needed. At one point during my run, the song "Wichita Lineman" came on my iPod, and I was immediately transported back to my childhood. I was struck by an incredible ache to be a kid and have someone take care of things for me. I imagined how nice it would be to have someone else make my dinner and pay the bills and I could just whine about being forced to take a shower and go to bed early. Can you imagine how lovely it would feel if you had the luxury of going to bed early one night? Crazy.

Anyway, I got home and made some frijoles and pumpkin pie and picked up Stinky from work and it really was just fine...Now, I'll finish blogging and go to bed too late and I'll just have to whine about that then.

5 comments:

rel said...

Churlita,
Had a great time with Sophia on her first b'day and first halloween. Of course the occassion meant nothing to her but she had fun with grams and pa.
Cool.
rel

Tara said...

Is Coadster supposed to be Snooky? I'm ashamed I know at least two names from that show, but it's because I watch "The Soup" and they're always talking about that show.

I miss the days when bills were paid for me and the only thing I had to care about was who to sit next to during a class field trip.

laura b. said...

Coadster looks cute...I think there were quite a few JWoww and Snooki clones out that night.

And, boy, I know that feeling! Let none of it be my problem...can't someone else take care of this? But we're good grown-ups too :-)

NoRegrets said...

Hmm... I guess I should run more...

3GKnight said...

I was daydreaming during my drive yesterday about how I would like someone to cook for.

C'mon over!