Friday, February 02, 2007

In Restless Dreams I Walked Alone


Yesterday Rel tagged me for a meme. I'm almost always up for a meme, because they're all about me,me,me and then I don't have to come up with something to write about on my own. Okay, here goes:

Things That Scare Me

1. suffocating - I can't even face someone I'm sleeping with, (no, it hasn't been a big problem for a while, thank you) for fear they might suck all my air.
2. Controlling and angry people.
3. Rush Limbaugh - I prefer to think of him as a thing.

People that make me laugh

1. my daughters. (sometimes even on purpose)
2. David Sedaris.
3. Rush Limbaugh. (until I cry)

Things I love

1. My family - I totally stole this answer from Rel.
2. Running - that is, if by "things I love", you mean "things I'm addicted to".
3. Words and images - yeah, I know those are two things. I never read anywhere on here that I wasn't allowed to cheat a little.

Things I hate

1. Poverty.
2. Hate.
3. Rush Limbaugh.

Things I don't understand

1. Men.
2. Why so many people Google various forms of the lyrics "Who's Gonna Drive You Home Tonight?" It was about the worst Cars song ever. Most of the searchers must speak English as a second language because they're usually actually asking the Google gods for "Who gonna home tonight?", and my personal favorite, "Who gonna drive your home tonight?" (they must be big RV'ers)
3. Hormones

Things on my desk

1. Computer- another answer stolen from Rel.
2. messiness
3. Dust, spores, and allergens

Things I'm doing right now

1. Answering a meme
2. Feeling my arms get really heavy due to the effects of my migraine meds
3. Playing with my hair, as usual.

Three things I want to do before I die

1. Wish my girls happy eighteenth birthdays, so they won't have to live with anyone else but me.
2. Own my own home.
3. Learn to paint and draw really well.

Things I can do

1. Run a chainsaw.
2. phlebotomy.
3. Run - a direct consequence from my childhood conundrum of being a smart-ass and a horrible chicken shit after pissing off so many people.

Things you want to listen to

1. Whatever the hell you want.
2. the sounds of silence.
3. Your mom - this is directed specifically at my girls.

Things you should never listen to

1. Michael Bolton.
2. The voices in my head - trust me on this one.
3. Rush Limbaugh.

Things I would like to learn

1. Yoga - Shut-up. I know.
2. How to play the guitar
3. How the other half lives.

Favorite Foods

1. Navratan curry.
2. Chicken Parmesan.
3. Scallion pancakes with peanut butter sauce.

Favorite beverage

1. Thai iced tea - almost any kind of tea, really.
2. beer.
3. Cranberry/raspberry juice.

TV shows I watched, books I read as a kid

1. Land of the Lost and any other Sid and Marty Krofft shows - Lidsville, H. R. Pufnstuf, The Bugaloos, Sigmund and the Seamonsters...
2. The Little House on the Prairie series on TV and in book form. I was Laura Ingalls Wilder crazy.
3. The Changeling. I wanted to say, A Hero Ain't Nothin' but a Sandwich, because I love the title, but even though the book was good, it wasn't my absolute favorite.

People I would like to tag:

As most of you know, I don't believe in tagging people. I think people should do their own thing. So, if you want to, let me know, I'd love to read it. If not, that's cool too. I'm all seventies that way.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

Oooooh. H R Puffenstuff was the shiznit when I was a kid.
Do you remember the Bugaloo's? That was my absolute favorite show when I was little.
Sydney the Seamonster was a close second. Why I thought a pile of seaweed with eyes was the best thing since sliced bread I will never know, but I luurrved it!

Churlita said...

Rachel,

That was the weird thing about growing up in the seventies - there were so many shows and songs made by people on drugs and I had no idea until I was older. You know Sid and Marty had to be high when they made all those shows.

rel said...

Churlita,
I'm thinking you have a secret thingy for Rush. ;-)
I forgot Sedaris; I do enjoy his books.
Scallion pancakes with peanut butter sauce? Is that a real dish?

rel

matt said...

Is that a spicy hot peanut butter sauce? I had to google the scallion pancake recipe. That does sound really good. One of my programming buddies was from Uttar Pradesh and his Indian cooking was HOT.

I worked at Amana Refrigeration during the Summers in college. Rush Limbaugh was mandatory listening for the ride. Being a philo major I survived listening to that garbage by compiling mental lists of all the fallacies that Rush uses in his 'arguments'. His most used fallacy is "Strawman argument". Fallacy of Composition, appeal to emotion. Fallacy of division is also up there.

Killer said...

I guess I should not send you a "Ditto Head" coffee mug for your birthday.

Churlita said...

Rel,

Are a secret thingy and annoyance and total lack of respect, the same thing? Then I think you're right.

It's not only a dish, it's a heaping plateful of heaven.

Matt,

Yes. The peanut butter sauce is spicy. I don't know how to make it, I only know how to order it as an appetizer at a Chinese restaurant and wash it down with cocktails.

Your philosophy skills served you well. I was an English major, so all I can do is write about how much I don't like him.

Killer,

My birthday's in July, so we have plenty of time to figure out the perfect gift for you to get me.

matt said...

I forgot to add I was riding to Amana with my pops. College kids could work there during the Summers it their parents worked there. He's, to put it a nice way, a little to the Right of Ayn Rand.

Stepping Over the Junk said...

SCALLION PANCAKES!! I know what I'm making for dinner tonight!

Churlita said...

Matt,

My Aunt and Uncle are really conservative too. As far as I'm concerned, it's just another reason for me to keep veering to the left.

Stepping Over the Junk,

Mmmmmm. Can I come over?

Margaret said...

taggng my self sounds knd of sad, and you tagging me sounds a little peverse, but I copied the meme..

Churlita said...

Margaret,

ha ha. I can't wait to read your answers to it.